Bluecoats- Adrian

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The show is OBVIOUSLY a hybrid of the two movies Rocky III and On The Waterfront, they use music from both of them, so OBVIOUSLY the show has to be about these two movies. There is also a little bit of 'A Mighty Wind' with the folk music and the singing n such. So basically, Rocky III, On The Waterfront, and A Mighty Wind. I hope this clears things up.

OBVIOUSLY.

I'd say the show is definitely Rocky-esque, but wouldn't go so far as to say that it's "ABOUT rocky."

I've never seen on the waterfront, is it good?

If the designers based the show off rocky, then it could easily be any generic "fighter overcomes adversities" story. I don't believe the role played by the contender is meant to actually be the character rocky, therefore its not about rocky. Rocky music is just good ole fightin music that's easily accessible by the audience.

i'm not arguing whether or not the show is actually about rocky. the audience will make the connection on their own, whether that's what it's about or not. and please, they chose rocky music because it's "good ole fightin'" music? there isn't FAR superior fighting music somewhere out there? they chose that music because it makes you think about rocky, and thus, boxing.

The show is OBVIOUSLY a hybrid of the two movies Rocky III and On The Waterfront, they use music from both of them, so OBVIOUSLY the show has to be about these two movies. There is also a little bit of 'A Mighty Wind' with the folk music and the singing n such. So basically, Rocky III, On The Waterfront, and A Mighty Wind. I hope this clears things up.

what part is from "a mighty wind?" curious.

i'm not arguing whether or not the show is actually about rocky. the audience will make the connection on their own, whether that's what it's about or not. and please, they chose rocky music because it's "good ole fightin'" music? there isn't FAR superior fighting music somewhere out there? they chose that music because it makes you think about rocky, and thus, boxing.

The rocky theme song is the song most closely related to boxing in american culture. hence why it was chosen.

Edited by baristeve

The rocky theme song is the song most closely related to boxing in american culture. hence why it was chosen.

glad we're in accord.

what part is from "a mighty wind?" curious.

Have you ever seen A Mighty Wind?

Have you ever seen A Mighty Wind?

nope.