The Best Ovation Thread

I know I keep bringing it up but MANY have said nothing to this day was louder then after the Cavalier stepover with hesitation in 1981 in Montreal. It was deafening.

Troopers at the 1969 World Open finals when they hit the finish line at the end of the show. The recordings do not give the ovation justice. It was just deafening. You could not hear the corps until the very last note. :thumbup:

Edited by KiltieKemo06

I know I keep bringing it up but MANY have said nothing to this day was louder then after the Cavalier stepover with hesitation in 1981 in Montreal. It was deafening.

Mitch,

From first hand account, it was deafening on the field. I couldn't hear the guys marching on either side of me. I remember the crowd jumping and the sound was like a wave crashing over us. MAN THAT WAS FUN!!!!! :thumbup:

Mitch,

From first hand account, it was deafening on the field. I couldn't hear the guys marching on either side of me. I remember the crowd jumping and the sound was like a wave crashing over us. MAN THAT WAS FUN!!!!! :thumbup:

Wish I could have been there. That would have been my ageout year if I wouldn't have burnt out on drum corps. But, here I am marching again in the Alumni Corps 30 years later.

The other ovation I remember when SCV brought back the Bottle Dance sometime in the 80's??????

Edited by dc oldtimer

At the Walnut, CA, show VK got a huge standing ovation at the end of their show. They also had the most crowd response during their show of all the corps during the night.

I was going to say the same thing. Everyone loved BD and SCV, and of course PC at Walnut (which had an AMAZING performance), but everyone around me and even my friends who had never seen a show before kept talking about VK's show. Welcome back to the field VK! Can't wait to see you in World Class!

Edited by ouooga

Wish I could have been there. That would have been my ageout year if I wouldn't have burnt out on drum corps. But, here I am marching again in the Alumni Corps 30 years later.

The other ovation I remember when SCV brought back the Bottle Dance sometime in the 80's??????

Marching CAC? How do you like the page 14 set in Battle Hymn I wrote for you guys? I had fun with that.

I was going to say the same thing. Everyone loved BD and SCV, and of course PC at Walnut (which had an AMAZING performance), but everyone around me and even my friends who had never seen a show before kept talking about VK's show. Welcome back to the field VK! Can't wait to see you in World Class!

WTF!

Why isn't this on the Fan Network!!! UGH....

In !980 Spirit of Atalanta was playing in Birmingham at finals. They were wearing black arm bands in Honor of Jim Ott who had been killed on tour that year in an auto accident. By the time the end of Let it be Me was being played, We had been on our feet and there was not, that I could see, a dry eye in the place. I'm getting choked-up just typing this. (whew)