If you could change one thing to improve any corps performance

This isn't meant to be negative, but more to suggest what would make a better performance from some of the corps out there. So if you were a judge, and could suggest one thing to make the corps performance better on your tape, what would it be?

Colts-Improve the drumline, while it is better than last year, it is still the one weakness from this corps.

Cadets-Eliminate narration

Phantom-lose the Live or Die yell, it is really lame, as you can't hardly hear it over the applause from the prior musical moment, and seems to be a copycat of Vanguards yells.

SCV-Change the last 45 seconds of drill.

Bluecoats-Use the guard more for equipment work and lose the punching bags-same could be with the 2 boxers, they really aren't needed until the closer, so utilize them on equipment during the rest of the show.

Spirit-Change most of the drill. Music is very nice, but the drill just doesn't seem to fit, or go anywhere.

Madison Scouts-work on the guard-while they may be smaller than alot of the guards out there, if they want bigger GE numbers, find a way to utilize them better. For some reason, they just don't seem to have the show written for the guard.

Glassmen-Work on the visual, there could be alot more going on with the theme of the show, and the last time I saw it they just seemed a little flat. So work on a few more visual hits.

Pioneer-The closer is one of the all time classics of drum corps, so maybe bring out some classic guard moves. I think you are missing out on one of the biggest potential for crowd response if you don't. Bring the crowd into your show, you really have a great moment here potentially

Crossmen-Great interpretation of music, but work on the staging as some potential moments are just kind of lost.

Troopers-Visual is lacking with the small guard. If you could almost have 8 horns and percussion use any kind of guard equipment, even for a minute or 2, I think the GE would be a little better. Unfortunately the sunburst just isn't that effective with only 12 guard.

Blue Devils, Cavaliers, and Crown, I can't think of anything off hand that I would even consider changing in any of your shows right now. Cavaliers and Crown have fixed anything I thought was even a slight problem from the first viewing a few weeks ago. I think musically and visually they are on the right track. Maybe watching FN a few more times I will see something, but I think all the staffs here are on the right page. I can't wait to see everyone live at quarterfinals

I would have the 1994 Freelancers put their closer at the end of the show, rather than in the middle.

Oh, wait, nevermind. That's not what you were asking.

I'd have BD use the long poles for something other than just picture-making on the field. Great GE prop, not being utilized to its fullest potential, I feel.

This isn't meant to be negative, but more to suggest what would make a better performance from some of the corps out there. So if you were a judge, and could suggest one thing to make the corps performance better on your tape, what would it be?

Phantom-lose the Live or Die yell, it is really lame, as you can't hardly hear it over the applause from the prior musical moment, and seems to be a copycat of Vanguards yells.

Nope. Keep it in. I think it is right in line with the theme of the show.

In my opinion, it is nothing like the Vanguard yell. The attempt to yell "SUTA" during 2006 (or was it 2007) was a lame Vanguard-yell ripoff, but this is not.

In order to make it heard, wait just a beat or two longer to say it, after the crowd applause has died down. But actually, it sounds to me like the audience heard it just fine...they seemed to chime in with "Die" at the right time. Maybe the microphones on the camera didn't pick it up from that far away.

I have more of a problem with "I am Spartacus" than with "Live or Die."

Nope. Keep it in. I think it is right in line with the theme of the show.

In my opinion, it is nothing like the Vanguard yell. The attempt to yell "SUTA" during 2006 (or was it 2007) was a lame Vanguard-yell ripoff, but this is not.

In order to make it heard, wait just a beat or two longer to say it, after the crowd applause has died down. But actually, it sounds to me like the audience heard it just fine...they seemed to chime in with "Die" at the right time. Maybe the microphones on the camera didn't pick it up from that far away.

I have more of a problem with "I am Spartacus" than with "Live or Die."

Actually I saw it live twice, and if I hadn't know it was coming and seen the drum major turning around, I wouldn't have heard it. You could barely him over the crowd at that point. I am probably not real excited with the I Am Spartacus yells, but do understand how they fit the theme of the show.

I haven't seen this show on FN yet, as I am watching the shows I haven't seen live several times. So I don't know how it came out on video. I will rewatch all the midwest corps shows again later this next week.

Sorry, I do not mean to flame here but the Madison Scouts should not only clean their guard but change those uniforms. You have many body types that do not fit the tight uniforms they are trying to wear. Especially when they take off the black jackets, they look a mess!! Actually, some of the guys (due to body type), need upper body support as they are running across the field in those white tops. Moreover, some of these guard instructors should look carefully before they select the uniforms these GUYS will be wearing!!

Presently, I have seen the Scouts seven times this year and of those seven times folks in the stands have commented negatively on the guard uniforms.

Sorry, I do not mean to flame here but the Madison Scouts should not only clean their guard but change those uniforms. You have many body types that do not fit the tight uniforms they are trying to wear. Especially when they take off the black jackets, they look a mess!! Actually, some of the guys (due to body type), need upper body support as they are running across the field in those white tops. Moreover, some of these guard instructors should look carefully before they select the uniforms these GUYS will be wearing!!

Presently, I have seen the Scouts seven times this year and of those seven times folks in the stands have commented negatively on the guard uniforms.

Alot of my friends at the shows have commented on this as well. I didn't think there was anything wrong visually with the guard uniforms personally, but alot of my friends didn't care for them. But I also heard negative about the Cavies guard and I personally liked them as well.

Alot of my friends at the shows have commented on this as well. I didn't think there was anything wrong visually with the guard uniforms personally, but alot of my friends didn't care for them. But I also heard negative about the Cavies guard and I personally liked them as well.

I like the Cavalier's guard uniform this year...at least the uniform fit them differently than of Madison (irregardless of body type).