DCI "standings" after 7/11

Even if it only lasts one day......and it means absolutely nothing.

That's just a cool thing to look at.

It's fun to see so many corps bunching up in score at the top though! It will make an exciting run down the stretch!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Lol...actually, i dont really play any online games.... most of my time wasting occurs right here :w00t:

:w00t:

Sounds familiar! A friend was going to give me a game he really liked. I conveniently left it on his desk. I figure I already waste enough time on the computer without getting addicted to some game.

Garry in Vegas

PS Thanks, Bill!

Hm. Crown's score is essentially worthless since there was no other top 7 corps at their show... but as it was said earlier, it is cool to look out. Just like early season when these always start with 1.) BD 2.) SCV. :)

Agreed.

Agreed also... it is cool to look at. could u imagine if that was the finals placement?

It's like the old DCI leader board that the used in prelims. It was really cool to march your show and then go back into the stadium to see your corps' name and score posted at the top of the Leader Board.

What was really cool would be if you stayed at the top even after the next corps or two marched.

Eventually though the elite and powerful corps would compete and your corps would start desecending down the board.

Those were the days.

What a coincidence!!

Colts are back in the top twelve and the "standings" start again.

Crank up the propaganda machine!!

Didn't even wait until the next day.

I know you post this in jest but let me say this -

The Colts organization is an outstanding ambassador for the activity and have made more friends for drum corps in places where drum corps is not well-known than anyone could begin to calculate.

I could blather on and on trying to explain why this is so but I won't. Suffice to say that I saw the Colts time and again go into small towns and respond with gracious appreciation to people knocking themselves out to be helpful to the corps during the 1990's. I saw it again earlier this week when they housed near me.

I know most corps are conscious of being ambassadors for the activity but it just seems the Colts pull it off a little better. Maybe it's that small town midwestern heritage or something!