Best Guard of the last 5 years

LancerFi

Funny you should say that about Cavi's guard.  I've heard many people say that, judges included.

I bet they weren't guard judges.

Umm....yes they were....I heard it too!

Add me to the list, and I also heard it too.

They may have nailed down what the "sheets" were looking for, but the performance lacked emotion and and depth of substance.

~G~

The guard sheet is Ensemble based, not GE based and I'd be willing to bet that these "judges" you speak of paid to get in to the show. Whether you all like it or not, the Cavies wrote their show to maximize the sheets. That was smart on their part. Gee, its only been 8 months, how long we gonna beat this dead horse?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I never did see them in person last year, but I do have the tape and during the opener there were a few problems. Having said that, I'm no judge, and a TV is nothing like being there.

a TV is nothing like being there, but that excuse tends to work better for brass and percussion. Unfortunately, when it comes to visual things, such as guard and marching, the TV can be VERY unforgiving (ask the Cadets rifle who dropped right in front of the camera during the feature last season).

Funny you should say that about Cavi's guard.  I've heard many people say that, judges included.

They may have nailed down what the "sheets" were looking for, but the performance lacked emotion and and depth of substance.

~G~

The guard sheet is Ensemble based, not GE based and I'd be willing to bet that these "judges" you speak of paid to get in to the show. Whether you all like it or not, the Cavies wrote their show to maximize the sheets. That was smart on their part. Gee, its only been 8 months, how long we gonna beat this dead horse?

You'd lose that bet!

Um, maybe as long as we want? :P I marched 23 years ago and their still talking about us, so maybe forever? Maybe it's pre-season withdrawal? Maybe we should never talk about any past shows again? :( :(

That's right Benny!

You're right, visual dirt in guard/weapons can be seen quite readily.

Add movement and dance, and it's very blatant even on TV!

Edited by LancerFi

Horse ?? I don't see a horse.......but I do see...ah..nevermind.

~G~

Oh my G. Yo :whip:

~G~

:P :P :P

Too funny ~G~!!!

~G~

You know "Ricky" you speak so adamantly as if you were there!

~G~

bad G!

but funny ^0^