Alaskan Heat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Alaskan Heat just bought Atanta Corpsvets old drums and has already taken delivery.

According to roommate on the CV drumline, CV's old snares were sent to a school in the midwest and the tenors and bass drums still sit in our storage facility. I remember seeing the old carriers in the trailer at our practice site.

erahhh maybe I could send them some chowda to keep them warm!!!

Man how many screen names do you have?

Alaska had two junior corps in the 1960s. The Northern Cavaliers were from Anchorage, and the Corps of the North was from Fairbanks.

Corps of the North competed at the 1963 VFW Nationals in Seattle, and was to have competed at several major shows in 1964, but the March, 1964 earthquake put an end to their tour hopes.

I have a friend who was a band director in Alaska for 3 years before he moved back to the states in the early 2000's.

Either your friend was lying to you about where he was a band director, or he didn't move back to the States. :tongue:

i assume this is just a joke. its obviously impossible to read sarcasm on threads. it would be sick though if the state of alaska managed to put out a competitive open class corps. 80ish members sounds realistic if they have a VERY good recruiting program. i doubt there are many marching bands up there so that would be the biggest task at hand most likely. that and getting an experienced staff from the local region.
And the GIANT dollars needed for traveling . Can you imagine how much it would cost !! :tongue:

all of them but yours

Whoa...