On the Road With Gahfield...

Wow. You sure make alot of assumptions, call alot of names and pretty much judge anyone that doesnt agree with you or act like you beneath you. Since when did drum corps, ettiquette regarding drum corps and reactions to all of the above become only valid if everyone feels and responds the same way ?

You cant tell people how to feel or layguidelies down and if people dont follow them , call them out as if you are in charge of them and they need to act and think a certain way. Your posts is actually the most hostile and bully-ish of anyone I have seen, pro or con, regarding Cadets, hoppy, Narration and the like.

You be you, let others feel freet o express themselves without fear of a bully-type response.

Its ok for some to like narration, some to hate it, some to care for the Cadets, not care for their shows, their programming, good or bad, but to suddenly show intense hostility as you do here to try and steer others to post how they feel ?? Terrible. Im really surprised at you.

Geoffrey

Gee, Michael, I see I touched a nerve. My post hit a little too close to home? The kid came on to tell HIS STORY, no one elses. The instant he's done the " I hate Hoppy, not the Cadets" trolls came out of the woodwork and had to make an attempt at downplaying anything this kid EXPERIENCED. This isn't another Hoppy bashing thread, so you Cadet HATERS: WHY ARE YOU ON THIS ONE?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, Michael, I see I touched a nerve. My post hit a little too close to home? The kid came on to tell HIS STORY, no one elses. The instant he's done the " I hate Hoppy, not the Cadets" trolls came out of the woodwork and had to make an attempt at downplaying anything this kid EXPERIENCED. This isn't another Hoppy bashing thread, so you Cadet HATERS: WHY ARE YOU ON THIS ONE?

Yes, I guess you did a little bit. The aggression in your slamming of those with differng opinions, Im not used to it by you. At the end of the day, these arent trolls and haters and the like, theyt just dont like the style thats being offered and can see that another thread is trying to dsmiss them and label them something they are not. They didnt kill the neighbors cat, they dont like cheezy narration.

Geoffrey

Oh, and original poster ? Can you say : agenda ?? And please, he posted it in an open forum, you really expected not to get responses that didnt breed the same sentiment ?

Yes, I guess you did a little bit. The aggression in your slamming of those with differng opinions, Im not used to it by you. At the end of the day, these arent trolls and haters and the like, theyt just dont like the style thats being offered and can see that another thread is trying to dsmiss them and label them something they are not. They didnt kill the neighbors cat, they dont like cheezy narration.

Geoffrey

Oh, and original poster ? Can you say : agenda ?? And please, he posted it in an open forum, you really expected not to get responses that didnt breed the same sentiment ?

Yeah G, maybe he did expect it, maybe he didn't. I don't know because I don't know him. But we could all be adult about this and not turn this into another "I don't like this, I don't like that" thread. This is not what the thread was intended to be. But I guess we can never expect that with most of the bitterness on this site anyway.

Yeah G, maybe he did expect it, maybe he didn't. I don't know because I don't know him. But we could all be adult about this and not turn this into another "I don't like this, I don't like that" thread. This is not what the thread was intended to be. But I guess we can never expect that with most of the bitterness on this site anyway.

If you think about it, it was alright til the post that I responded to, then it all went downhill from there. Heres the fact: for both sides: If people would just let people live, all of us and let people post their feelings without all of us attacking like hurt doves, and we all just debated the topics and not attack the people behind it, like pro-narration crowd loves to do, there would be no bitterness I bet.

Why on DCP cant folks just debate the issues pro and con ??

Geoffrey

Hating cadets narration does not equal hating Cadets. Hating Hoppys ideas doesnt mean hating hoppy. Hating Aqua doesnt mean hating BAC, hating Yowsa doesnt mean hating Blue Devils, hating Ravioli doesnt mean hating Italian food...get it ?? Anyone ??? HAting the heat doesnt mean hating Summer ?? Get it ?? Anyone ?