How many people did you count at SA

That poor crossmen girl completely blew out her knee, according to their staff. She was on the field for so long before they were able to get her off.

yea but at least it gave me something to pay attention to while spirit was playing :thumbup:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Four Cadets fell, in groups of two it seemed.

Two Cavaliers fell.

I was waiting for one Glassmen baritone to fall the whole show. Feet so out of time the whole show, moving at about a third of the real tempo...I assumed the member was going to pass out.

I did notice, I think in Vanguard's performance?? I can't remember..., a soft bass drum mallet had fell on the field. The judge picked it up and handed it back to the bass drumer, and not even half a second after the bass drummer dropped it again. Poor guy.

;

Crossmen had a fall I think. The member even lost their hat in the fall. Had to pick it up while they scrambled back into the drill.

Every fall had a great recovery though. Props to all that fell in San Antonio. ...just don't let it happen again. ;)

As I mentioned in the other SA thread....

There's no major team playing at the Alamodome. The only other time they pull out the ratty turf is for our state marching contest and the BOA regional. They are in no hurry to upgrade.

...not entirely accurate. Before BOA in Oct, there are at least eight football games scheduled in the Alamodome. There are also college and pro football games held there before the end of their season and the Alamo Bowl plays after new Year's.....The field is pulled out a few times more than for marching contests.

I marched there during the Alamo Bowl this past December, and the turf was pretty slippery. Even though all we had to do was march on and form a block (not much else you can do with 2000 high schoolers on the field :thumbup: ), it was definitely the weirdest surface I'd ever marched on.....

Are we thinking that they oiled the field?

Yeah, right before the Cadets' show.

I'm pretty sure it was the "turf turds." I've marched the southwest regional 6 years out of the seven I marched drum corps (they didn't let revolution march on the field their home show their first year) and every year I marched the turf was more or less the same - Some thick rough areas of tall sticky green turf, and some slippery areas with a lot of those little black rubbery things.

Yeah, right before the Cadets' show.

:thumbup:

Did anyone notice the horn player that was knocked over by the percussion judge in the evening show? I do not remember which corps it was specifically, but one of the earlier ones.

The Alamodome has seen its share of falls over the years of hosting this event. I remember one really dramatic Blue Devils tenor wipe out a few years back.

yea but at least it gave me something to pay attention to while spirit was playing :thumbup:

Wow! This morning I was thining it was BK performing after Crossmen. Either way watching the paramedics was more interesting. They did a good job with that young lady. I hope she'll be OK.

Edited by BigSnareline