The Ultimate Guide to the Atlanta Regional!

Always a good idea to never walk alone no matter where you are, but I think you will find the walk back to the Holiday Inn very well lit and will likely see members of the GWCC/Centennial Park Police and the Atlanta Ambassador Force.

Yeah that's what I was thinking... It's the World Congress Center Holiday Inn. I'll be with 5 other people too.

Edited by cmathis

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's what I was thinking... It's the World Congress Center Holiday Inn. I'll be with 5 other people too.

Yep, just head up International Blvd from the hotel through Centennial Olympic Park cross Marietta and walk past the Omni Hotel. The Dome will be right in front of you...its about a 15 min walk tops.

How much is parking in the Red deck? I've always parked across the street from Entrance B . . . or maybe it's C . . .

Wow...I can't read, you probably could careless how many spaces there are....parking is $10 in the deck. The lots operated by the GWCC/Dome are $8....these prices never change regardless of what is going on. The gypsy lots may be a bit cheaper (you never really know what they are going to charge), but as I mentioned, there is absolutely no security in these lots. They pack up camp once people stop driving in.

Edited by chadwick

We have driven to the dome every year and parked in the lot near the Corps parking. Never had a problem getting in or out (of course we stay longer and visit the corps). We will be driving from Auburn Alabama to Milton to visit some of the guys in the Cavaliers and then back to the dome for some of the afternoon corps. Is there construction that wasn't there on 75/85 at the end of June? Didn't have too much of a problem then.

If anyone has time to go to the Aquarium or the World of Coke, do so, they are great. But don't try to take food into the Aquarium, or gum, not even in your purse, they will make you throw it out. Or just don't tell them you have it.

Hotels near the airport are cheap too (Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn, those types) and you can take the train from the airport into Atlanta too.

Hope everyone has a good time, I love going to the Georgia Dome, just hate that they don't have all the bathrooms open.

We have driven to the dome every year and parked in the lot near the Corps parking. Never had a problem getting in or out (of course we stay longer and visit the corps). We will be driving from Auburn Alabama to Milton to visit some of the guys in the Cavaliers and then back to the dome for some of the afternoon corps. Is there construction that wasn't there on 75/85 at the end of June? Didn't have too much of a problem then.

If anyone has time to go to the Aquarium or the World of Coke, do so, they are great. But don't try to take food into the Aquarium, or gum, not even in your purse, they will make you throw it out. Or just don't tell them you have it.

Hotels near the airport are cheap too (Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn, those types) and you can take the train from the airport into Atlanta too.

Hope everyone has a good time, I love going to the Georgia Dome, just hate that they don't have all the bathrooms open.

I think the re-paving had started by June but there were a couple of weekends they did not pave because of weather or other issues. If I were you, I would take I-85 north to I-285 West/North to I-20 East to the Spring St. exit. Take a left onto Spring St. and follow the directions in the first post in this thread from there.

Hopefully all the restrooms in the open half of the Dome will be open...I don't recall some being closed last year.

Heads up to everyone, I found out today that International Blvd through Centennial Olympic Park may be closed because of an event this weekend so those staying in hotels on the other side of the park may not be able to walk through. From the hotel district, take a left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive and take this all the way up to the Dome (you'll go past CNN and Philips Arena just on the opposite side if you could take International Blvd).

Also, for those interested in fine arts, the National Black Arts Festival is taking place in Building A of the Congress Center (next door to the Dome). Admission is only $5 and I hear there is supposed to be some very nice artwork on exhibit. This same event is having concerts at Centennial Olympic Park...but I'm not sure what the admission is.

Do you know what day/days Troop will be in Pigeon Forge?

Well, they are in Kansas for a show on Wednesday, 7/23 so I would expect they'll be on the road all day Thursday before getting there on Friday for rehearsal. I still don't quite get why they are all the way up there though...that is one helluva drive to the show in Atlanta Saturday morning.

Well, they are in Kansas for a show on Wednesday, 7/23 so I would expect they'll be on the road all day Thursday before getting there on Friday for rehearsal. I still don't quite get why they are all the way up there though...that is one helluva drive to the show in Atlanta Saturday morning.

Yeah it doesn't make a whole of sense for them to stay so far away, but it gives me a chance to maybe go see them before heading down to Atlanta Friday :tongue: .