Show themes

My point IS about overall design. Overall design does have an overall impact on audience appeal, and what audience DCI is trying to appeal to. Your comment ammounts to the design of how the front ensemble is set up has little to do with attendance of DCI shows. In that case, I do agree with you.

Oi vey.

I know YOUR point is about overall design. MINE was not. I would thank you for at least trying to parse what I was saying, rather than continuing to try to alter MY writing to suit YOUR point, but what would be the point?

It's called disagreement, bub. You and I have differing opinions on this particular subject. You structure your posts to serve your argument, and I structure my posts to serve my argument.

Complaining that one of your posts doesn't properly serve my argument, or that one of my posts doesn't properly serve your argument, is worse than pointless.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi vey.

I know YOUR point is about overall design. MINE was not. I would thank you for at least trying to parse what I was saying, rather than continuing to try to alter MY writing to suit YOUR point, but what would be the point?

It's called disagreement, bub. You and I have differing opinions on this particular subject. You structure your posts to serve your argument, and I structure my posts to serve my argument.

Complaining that one of your posts doesn't properly serve my argument, or that one of my posts doesn't properly serve your argument, is worse than pointless.

Yep, so let's move on with our lives :tongue:

No, I think the designers are getting in the way. The themes and programmatic materials are fine.

Let's not forget, Beethoven wrote an entire symphony on that little four-note motive of his.....

So no, there's nothing wrong with the themes and all that. If a design team backs themselves into a corner, its their fault for lack of creativity/technical prowess, no more no less.

The Crusader have played a little bit of Conquest every year since forever...

The Crusader have played a little bit of Conquest every year since forever...

So, how come no one grunts anymore? :smile:

So, how come no one grunts anymore? :tongue:

Sore throats.