Ugh! OC food trailer breaks down on highway

They will get all the way to finals and home I'm sure. I have total confidence in the staff to see that it happens. The corps will probably owe Dr. Marshall money again though. He is truely the heart and soul of this corps. He basically resurrected it last year after the previous director basically left with all the equipment. Dr. Marshall personally financed the purchase of the instruments and the corps paid him back with their fundraisers, etc. Maybe we should change the name of the corps to "Lazarus"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult for a corps from the NW to tour especially when they're having vehicle problems. I remember when I marched Cascades we were constantly moving from one bus to the other as they took turns breaking down along the tour route. It wasn't that much different with the Sky Ryders either come to think of it.

I can't afford much but I'm on my way to donate what I can. Good Luck OC!!

Wow. I definitely wish them the best. If I wasn't figuring out a way to buy a tire of my own for my car, I would have donated to their fund.

Being one of their former competitors, I was always happy when they were at the same shows. Not just so I could see their show, but the corps as a whole was so classy. I remember after one show, their guard rolled our guard's flags, and even separated them by the movements, while our instructors were talking to us.

It's sad to hear bad things happening to great people. I really hope they can stay on their feet and make it to Indy.

I followed the link to the donations page but the lowest one-time donation is $100.00 and I can't afford that right now. Is there a way to donate a lesser amount? Does OC have PayPal?

I followed the link to the donations page but the lowest one-time donation is $100.00 and I can't afford that right now. Is there a way to donate a lesser amount? Does OC have PayPal?

I would either email Dr. Phil directly and ask him yourself, or just select the $100 donation and when it comes time to actually cutting the check or filling out the forms, enter whatever amount you see fit. I'm sure they wouldn't be TOO upset if you select the $100 option and only send in, for instance, $50.

Just a thought, but again, shoot him an email and I'm sure he'll get back to you soon.

You can donate $25. as a member sponser. Instead of putting a members name in the box, put 'Donation' and that should work.

http://www.oregoncrusaders.org/fuelthefire.html

Go help them out! :tongue:

Earlier this week the DCP crowd got behind another Open class corps in a time of need. Corps have fuel fund drives all them time!

:tongue::tongue:

I think those are two very different situations. Teal did their due diligence in preparing for tour and ensuring the safety and well being of the people that they took on the road before an unforeseen circumstance forced them to ask for help. If it is in fact true that OC left for tour with out the funds to complete it, that is very, very disturbing. I am not saying that you should not help them out, but lets call a spade a spade.

I think those are two very different situations. Teal did their due diligence in preparing for tour and ensuring the safety and well being of the people that they took on the road before an unforeseen circumstance forced them to ask for help. If it is in fact true that OC left for tour with out the funds to complete it, that is very, very disturbing. I am not saying that you should not help them out, but lets call a spade a spade.

I completly agree that these are two seperate issues. The circumstances are not even close.

Or are they............. wait......

No one knows what is really going on at either drum corps.

-Some people are assuming that OC went on tour $25,000 in the hole.

- Some people are questioning Teal's cash managment/security practices.

The facts are that no one has a clue of the facts. There was a thread not to long ago about Americans taking the guilty unitl proven innocent mentality. This seems like more of that. I applaud newfan06 for including the phrase "If it is in fact true". Newfan06 is not making judgments based off "things he was told by a friend who had a kid in the corps"... we need more of that.

We all neeed to leave space for innocence in the catacombs of our brains. :tongue:

I am sure the OC is not the only corps on the road right now a little shy on funds. I think if you look in World Class you'll find several corps, and the number is probably higher then 25K (or really 14K it sounds for the OC).

If you are able to donate, please do! Any corps will be glad to have your support, it goes so much further than words on an internet website

We're ready for the Oregon Crusaders in Michigan City. I talked to Mary today and arrangements have been made here for their kitchen needs. They'll have full use of the school kitchen, refrigeration, etc. School staff is also going to be there to help with whatever they need 24 hrs. a day. There will be no cost to OC for the added staff & help.

Hang in there OC.

Mike