Birmingham AL

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YEA PHANTOM!!! still in the fight for the championship!!!!

did they change their ending?? anyone know???

I was also there at the show tonight. Phantom was great! They still have not put in the new ending. This was my 2nd time viewing their show and the 1st time in person. It is a much better show live and in person! There is so much to look at that is going on prior to the start. I agree that the current ending makes the end of the show feel weird. I can't wait to see what they do! Someone mentioned to me that they would like to see the conductor come off the field much like he comes on the field.

P.S. WAR EAGLE!

Edited by drummergirl

Ok, just got back from the show also..Too tired for a review right now. I spent most of the day watching Phantom rehearse, and I saw them from around the 50 at the very top during the show. Not the best stadium for a drum corps show (considering the track), but Phantom was smoking. Put in a small group trumpet fanfare at the start of the show (about six trumpets ?)..Said they put it in yesterday I think..Percussion was pretty flawless from the music standpoint. Phantom is really selling this show from the moment they enter the field. There are so many details which fit perfectly with what they are trying to do. Mello soloist was beautiful (very small mistake). One of the strongest euph lines I've heard from them. Just rock solid the entire show. Still dirty on the visual ensemble side in a few areas. Very fixable to be honest. Guard had some added stuff I didn't see the last time (unless I just missed it). Had some nice shields during the battle part with some red cloth they use for blood at the end of the battle..Worked very well..I will say this..I wouldn't count Regiment out just yet..They know how to sell this show...They can win brass..They can win drums..And they can be up there in music ensemble and music ge..I think the visual stuff is also fixable. It's really just a few holding them back in that department right now..You can see a group of members just maxing out the technique with one not and they stick out like a sore thumb (esp. with the white unis). Saw it during visual block, ensemble block, and pre-show visual warm up. But like I said earlier, it's all fixable. I can see Regiment having a nice finals surge.

Haven't they had the trumpet fanfare for the entire season to start their show?

Haven't they had the trumpet fanfare for the entire season to start their show?

Yes, but it's changed now..They changed it a couple days ago. A minor change which seemed effective.

Edited by Feathers Up