What Cadets could do ...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...bring back the cancer. It's exactly what a drum corps show needs...more cancer references. Maybe the drill could be redesigned to look more like malignant tumors...yeah, that would work.

I'm so looking forward to the announcement of George's retirement later this fall.

George Hopkins is the BEST director in DCI. You obviously haven't done your Hopkins research. He's not some flash in the pan. Until you've dedicated your life to a drumcorps, stayed with them through the good/bad, brought them out of financial burdens, lead them to 9 world championships, etc... etc...George isn't going anywhere.

~Holy Name~

George Hopkins is the BEST director in DCI. You obviously haven't done your Hopkins research. He's not some flash in the pan. Until you've dedicated your life to a drumcorps, stayed with them through the good/bad, brought them out of financial burdens, lead them to 9 world championships, etc... etc...George isn't going anywhere.

~Holy Name~

That's like saying Scott Stewart was always going to be with Madison or Jeff Fiedler was always going to be in Rosemont. Things change and the best change the Cadets could make right now would be to ban George from the creative process.

7th place.

I'm simultaneously fascinated by and hate the idea. You could eliminate the interviewer and just use actual selections from David's blog. Of course, the people who thought Cadets' show was a downer using a fictional character would totally hate having to deal with the story of a real cancer patient.

Also any show that has as much narration as Cadets presently do is going to be one I'd dislike -- personal bias -- because it takes the focus away from the performance and to a story. This may not be well received generally.

No, I'm not advocating loosing the talk show format ... Just making David Welch the center of the story. Switch the actors and announcers (the girl is now the announcer, the boy David Welch) and the radio interview idea works.

Hmm

George Hopkins has Yea, USSBA AND the Cadets to run. He dumped the Crossmen when they became too much of a burden. I wonder if he needs to streamline his operations and concentrate on the Cadets.

But, even so, oh, boo hoo. I'd LOVE to see the Crossment in the Cadets' shoes!

:laughing: At this point this show is a cancer. ( or the show HAS one LARGE white melanoma in the center )But we all need a SODA and BATHROOM break before the top 4 come on.. any way..

This yr .. ITs hoppies great experiment

I think i will get acorn dog and a powerade...

Cj

I LOVE CADETS, NOT HOPPIES IDEAS..

SHUT UP AND PLAY! :thumbup:

Yes...bring back the cancer. It's exactly what a drum corps show needs...more cancer references. Maybe the drill could be redesigned to look more like malignant tumors...yeah, that would work.

I'm so looking forward to the announcement of George's retirement later this fall.

So full of hate. :laughing:

:thumbup: at least the drill would not be 500 different ways to make a box. :laughing:

Cj

:ph34r: at least the drill would not be 500 different ways to make a box. :thumbup:

Cj

I could name another corps that does the same thing. :laughing:

I could name another corps that does the same thing. :thumbup:

AND? :laughing:

LIKE MY NEW AVATAR? :ph34r:

Edited by clayjn