What Cadets could do ...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears harder and harder for Cadets honks to hold up Hoppy.

Get him out of the artistic part of the corps org or suffer what HE does to the org.

Is he getting heavier or something???

Ohhhh...you were implying that he NEEDS 'holding up'. That makes a lot more sense (and is a silly notion)

It appears harder and harder for Cadets honks to hold up Hoppy.

Get him out of the artistic part of the corps org or suffer what HE does to the org.

Why do you seem intent on using this thread to bash Hopkins, rather than discuss intelligent options for Cadets to remedy their show issues?

Feel free to start your own thread so you and Tekk can pee on each others shoes ...

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Why do you seem intent on using this thread to bash Hopkins, rather than discuss intelligent options for Cadets to remedy their show issues?

Feel free to start your own thread so you and Tekk and pee on each others shoes ...

The thread is what can the Cadets do. The answer is pretty obvious to all those outside the Cadets bubble.

But, we'll check back in a couple years once the bubble is completely busted. You all go about treating the symptoms.

The thread is what can the Cadets do. The answer is pretty obvious to all those outside the Cadets bubble.

But, we'll check back in a couple years once the bubble is completely busted. You all go about treating the symptoms.

Do you seriously think this year is the beginning of a downward spiral that will continue until george retires?? That they're going to get worse and worse until noone wants to march there because he's ruining it for the corps? If that's honestly a bet you're making, then I'd love to play poker with you sometime....

Feel free to start your own thread so you and Tekk can pee on each others shoes ...

Wait, what??? What does that have to do with me? I didn't say anything to him.

I think the Cadets may gain a little ground (very little) and slip into 4th, which as good as the top 5-6 corps are these days is not a bad thing at all. I thought this early on...what if the corps at the beginning of the season was going to take more time to develop than last year. What is one way to hide performance issues, allowing more time to clean...add a ridiculous amount of narrative, over the music and make it hard to hear the details/flaws. Then over the season, trim it back as the performance gets stronger, thus revealing a polished, strong drum corps. Its a theory...

wasn't there a cancer bit on Seinfeld?

Edited by dciguy1987

... discuss intelligent options for Cadets to remedy their show issues?

OK, your suggestion is a fine one - it's certainly a moving story in its own right - but quite honestly I'd suggest that the Cadets should just leave the narration as it is at this point. There's a hidden cost to all this tweaking and changing, which is that it takes ensemble rehearsal time that otherwise would be spent on improving the underlying show.

I think George should just admit that they tried it, it didn't really work, they've learned a lot of lessons for future years, and move on. I'd much rather see them use the last two weeks to realize a bit more of the potential in their awesome music and visual books.