So You Think You Can Dance

quegrawks

I enjoy this show tremendously. What I really like is the truthful, and helpful feedback from the judges. Unlike American Idol where you get such quips of wisdom as "don't forget the words!" or "you look cute" in SYTYCD, those comments might come from the judges, but they will tell you how to fix the mistakes- things to focus on for the next performance, etc.

The SYTYCD tour hits Austin this summer for the first time. Tix are $35 to $56 dollars each. Has anyone else seen previous tours? Just wondering if it's worth the money? I don't know how long the show is, what types of dances they do, or anything, and there's not really info on the show's website.

oops. I just realized I put this in the wrong place. should be in general discussion. Sorry!

We already have a thread on the show in the entertainment forum!

I went to the tour last year with some dance teachers that I work with, and it was a lot of fun. You should go if you can. I was planning on it until I found out that they aren't coming very close to where I live this year. Very disappointing. I can't really remember, but I would say the show was at least a couple of hours long, probably a little more. They mostly did memorable dances from the season and a few of their group numbers. I think there were even a couple of new group dances.