Just got in from the after show hang.Great time had by all at Buffalo Wild wings.

I will do a mini review

Shenandoah Sound Had 35 on the field.In years past I have always admired this corps determination to get out there and perform even when they just had two horn players.

This is no longer the little corps that wish they could.By far the best SS in the years I have been around DCA.Hornline sounded really good for the size.Not a lot of members sticking out.Pretty well balanced..Visually a lot of problems but if they continue to recruit and develop the talent they have,,they could very well be a significant contender in Class A in just a couple of seasons.

GCS Smaller this year I think,,right at 35 + a few.Very entertaining show.You can tell the members are enjoying this show.

Alliance.

Probably the biggest surprise of the night.In years past I have sat there and scratched my head wondering what this corps was doing on the field and how they were getting the scores they have posted.NOT TONIGHT.Alliance is going to be a major contender in Class A this year.Very clean and well executed.Probably the largest corps they have fielded yet...maybe 60+.Looking at the recaps,,if it had not been for a penalty they would have beaten MCL. by a hair.Someone thought the penalty might have been a time penalty?????Anyone confirm that?????

Corpsvets.

Had a great time at Buffalo Wild wings with some Corpvets cats.Always a class bunch of guys to hang with.I am going to take back half the bad things I have said about Vic over the years.He finally came through on some Winghouse sauce from 2003. thumbup.gif Vic,,you the man.

By far the cleanest Corpsvets yet,,, both Musically and visually.This show is a rapid departure from the usual balls to the wall,,, in your face horn lines they have had in the past..They are also playing with a lot more control.At points I thought too much control.This show needs a bit of spicing up but I think the show has the room in it to grow

I totally understand and respect what they are doing with this show.With a bit more cleaning and some stuff thrown into the mix,,this could be Corpsvets highest scoring season yet.

MCL.

This show is a fun package and the members are having fun with it and selling it well.Vinnie and Joe were cranking out QQ flats all night long.Reading the recaps tonight MCL brass Scores were way up there.For 34 horns they sure put out a lot of power.Visually this show needs some major cleaning but there are still a few weeks left in the season for that.They did some major catching up tonight on scores.If they can find a way to come over the top of the Corpvets at the Corpsvets home show,,they will find themselves in finals this year.I wish them all the best.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alliance did have a timing issue as stated in the review. I've been told that will be addressed and fixed today at rehearsal.

Nice job Alliance!!! :smile:

I am so freakin proud to call myself an Alliance Alumni right now. Way to go guys!!!! I can't wait to see what you do in Rochester!!!!!

Yes the corps got a little excited on the field last night, pushed some tempos and our show ended up on the short side of 10 min which is the minimum. It is definitely fixable and will be done later today at our rehearsal. Thanks for the kind review. We are working hard as we always do and are glad you enjoy the production this season.

HEY ED! Sorry I didnt' catch up to you yesterday and for bagging on the after-show festivities. Man, Tennessee is one long state!!

Dead on about Alliance - we were watching from the staging area and the hornline has some chops! they will do well this year. As for our performance, I am sure the boys who stopped at BWW filled you in, but we knew that was not our best effort last night. good, but not what we already know we are capable of. Plus the lighting on the field was ..... interesting to say the least. No big deal. this one is in the record book, and now we look forward to coming home and taking another big step forward.

MCL makes me want to give birth so I have something to throw.......

No review of the four DCI Open Class corps which competed and provided very entertaining performances?? No review of Derby City Knights, either. Why does this review ignore 50% of the performances at this show?

I was on the field and too close to provide a good review.

Edited by K2SMA

No review of the four DCI Open Class corps which competed and provided very entertaining performances?? No review of Derby City Knights, either. Why does this review ignore 50% of the performances at this show?

I was on the field and too close to provide a good review.

Since I was the only person to give a review in this thread I suppose you are taking a personal shot at me??????

Bad form ANDERMAN.Take it offline!!!!!!!

A very logical answer for that if one were to think about it for a second.

I performed in exhibition with DCK .Since we were the first ones on the field I was not in the stands to see any of the DCI corps due to corps responsibilities and cleaning the rehearsal area up .I only made it back to the stands in time to see the DCA corps.

Edited by camel lips

Alliance did have a timing issue as stated in the review.

Thanks for clarifying.That is what I heard second hand that is why I asked in my review for someone to clarify if timing was indeed the penalty.Again,,Great performance last night.

HEY ED! Sorry I didnt' catch up to you yesterday and for bagging on the after-show festivities. Man, Tennessee is one long state!!

No worries man.I will catch up with you down the road.

The after show hang was pretty cool.Dick Ponti (sp) was there as well as Cozy ,Vic ,Jerald and his son as well as a few others.It was so late by the time the parking lot jam was over. I am sure most people just wanted to go crash.

Edited by camel lips

Greetings all!

Just got home from the loooooong busride back to Houston-land. Had a great time in TN, gotta hand it to ya'll - thanks for turning up the temperature and making us feel at home - wouldn't know what to do if the temp was below 90.

We were happy with our score - and I know we'd love to hear some feedback from the fans out there - our 3rd show out, and this would be the first one with a sizeable DCP presence in the audience.

Look forward to seeing the rest of the DCA-S groups again in 2 weeks!