GCS Smaller this year I think,,right at 35 + a few.Very entertaining show.You can tell the members are enjoying this show.

We have the same number in the hornline(20) and drumline(7) as last year, but we only have 3 in the guard. With 6 in the pit, we just make the minimum for Class A.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review. Accurate for us at CorpsVets.

Great job by Alliance and all of the other corps at the show. I'm REALLY looking forward to our home show on August 16th and to the Alliance show on August 17th.

Ed

Thank you for the kind words about CV's show. It is nice to know that people "get it" since it is such a departure from years past. We knew going in that we were taking some risks, but made a conscious decision to take a more serious approach to our programming, and its starting to pay off.

Scott, I thought you guys had a really good run. congrats on a great DCA debut!

Roman, if you're reading this thread, last night was my first real read on MCL. Man, you guys can blow! congrats on a big bounce in your number.

Thanks for the review. Accurate for us at CorpsVets.

Your welcome man.

I really enjoyed your show.It was the first time I had seen your show this season.John indicated in this thread that this was not your best run of the year.Holy Crap.I can't imagine it being any cleaner than it was for early August.You guys will tweek this show and it will be a winner come Labor day.

Historically you guys really push into August and fix all the little stuff.I have no doubt you will again.I really do think this will be Corpsvets highest scoring year and see you solidly moving up in placements.

Edited by camel lips

Your welcome man.

I really enjoyed your show.It was the first time I had seen your show this season.John indicated in this thread that this was not your best run of the year.Holy Crap.I can't imagine it being any cleaner than it was for early August.You guys will tweek this show and it will be a winner come Labor day.

Historically you guys really push into August and fix all the little stuff.I have no doubt you will again.I really do think this will be Corpsvets highest scoring year and see you solidly moving up in placements.

John is correct and is referring to the music portion of our show. Anyone who saw us at the DCI Southeastern Championship or even better, the Alabama Battle of the Brass, will surely agree. Not to worry though because this is a different CorpsVets with a new and evolving philosophy. We will continue to tune up and turn out exponentially better performances for our fans!

Greetings all!

Just got home from the loooooong busride back to Houston-land. Had a great time in TN, gotta hand it to ya'll - thanks for turning up the temperature and making us feel at home - wouldn't know what to do if the temp was below 90.

We were happy with our score - and I know we'd love to hear some feedback from the fans out there - our 3rd show out, and this would be the first one with a sizeable DCP presence in the audience.

Look forward to seeing the rest of the DCA-S groups again in 2 weeks!

Sorry that my initial review was not more in depth.It was 3 am in the morning and I had been in motion since 7 am on Sat.

Musically,,,,, Great show!!!!Your parking lot performance really showed the balls your horn line has. I love the music you guys played.Very recognizable.Its a show where you don't have to be a music educator to appreciate it.I left the stadium humming Open arms.

Great job marching wise.You can tell your corps has been working a lot in basic block on style of step and marching.Thumbs up over past years.

Visually the corps gets too spread out at times but this happens when you have a small guard and smallish horn line and battery.If there is anything that I could say that could help you guys score wise it would be to not get spread so thin.At times you got spread out so much that the wonderful sound you guys put out the end of the horn gets lost.Pull it in from end to end and front to back and the sound and the visuals will have more impact.

I hope I get the chance to see your show again this year.If not have a great time at Rochester and drink a cold one or two for me.

Edited by camel lips

It's just a shame all the DCA corps didn't stick around for the parking lot jam, I would have enjoyed hearing the shows we never get to see. I guess those extra few minutes on the road are more important than hanging out and showing support for the region.

Just my opinion though.

CONGRATS, to Scott and his MCL crew for overcoming some obstacles thrown at them during the night, and to the DCA-South Region corps' for pushing your level of intensity and entertainment to the next level.

Ed, enjoy your Wing House sauce... its been fermenting for 4 years..lol :tongue:

Parking Lot Jam was cool.... Thanks. Sorry I couldn't hang and check everyone as judges needed some beer money!

And to our DCI Open Class competitors, ALL..were on fire Saturday night and should WOW them in Bloomington. Thanks for attending and being a part of an exceptional evening of Drum Corps ENTERTAINMENT..

see ya all in Georgia in 2 weeks!

Edited by DCASouth