It's just a shame all the DCA corps didn't stick around for the parking lot jam, I would have enjoyed hearing the shows we never get to see.

I too would have loved to hear Alliance in the parking lot.

Some corps had a long way to drive... maybe they didn't want to get back so late... or early as it would be.

Looking at their website they had a practice scheduled at Chattahoochee HS on Sunday.Dang that had to suck.Sounds like they would have gotten back to Atlanta about 4 amish.Ouch

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone that came out for the show, and the review Ed. I totally enjoyed all the corps that I got to see or hear, and I also would like to thank Beech High School and their whole staff for putting on a wonderful show!

See ya'll in Georgia in a couple of weeks!

The after show hang was pretty cool.Dick Ponti (sp) was there as well as Cozy ,Vic ,Jerald and his son as well as a few others.It was so late by the time the parking lot jam was over. I am sure most people just wanted to go crash.

By the time we put our equipment away, and changed into our after hang clothes about 20 of the Shenandoah Sound members made their way to the Wing place just before closing time. We missed everybody, so we mobbed Steak 'n Shake accross the way. Cozy I still owe you a beer!

Weird, Alliance won field percussion, MCL won ensemble, yet CV took high percussion, just goes to show how close everything is!

Weird, Alliance won field percussion, MCL won ensemble, yet CV took high percussion, just goes to show how close everything is!

Woah! ~ Trippy..... :tongue:

My first trip to a DCS South show. Vick, you are off to a great start there. All the Corps stepped up it was a fun show.

Finally made it home from Tennessee today.

My first trip to a DCS South show. Vick, you are off to a great start there. All the Corps stepped up it was a fun show.

Finally made it home from Tennessee today.

Thanks, Dick.. ALL the corps' in the South have stepped up their programs... its great to see. Sorry I missed ya at Wild Wings, closed out my tab before you got there...and I wasn't even there yet ..lol

see ya in Georgia next week,.,, first beer on me at Taco Mac :smile:

Sorry it's taken me this long to comment on the show. After the show, the wife and I went on to Memphis. Graceland, Beale Street, Hard Rock Cafe, we did all of those. It was fun.

Anyways, about the show: This was my very first DCA show and I LOVED IT!!! I think it beat out almost every DCI show I've been to since '97! All the corps did really well, but I want to point out a few for specific praise.

VK: Ladies and Gentleman, The clown princes of DCI are back! From beginning to end, what a great kickoff. I did not envy the corps going on after them. Also, I wanted to thank the visual staff for bringing back an old friend from '92: the shark. Even if he was pint-sized, it's still a nod to us old fans of the corps.

Alliance: Wow! You guys really put on a great show. The amount of sound you guys put out for such a small corps. I was VERY impressed. Sounded a lot like Memphis Sound last year. And they won the Div. 3 title. Possible foreshadowing here?

MCL: All I have to say is: :happy::thumbup::smile::smile: BEST...SHOW...EVER!!!!! Best show I have ever seen in my life to be exact. Just...WOW!

By the time we put our equipment away, and changed into our after hang clothes about 20 of the Shenandoah Sound members made their way to the Wing place just before closing time. We missed everybody, so we mobbed Steak 'n Shake accross the way. Cozy I still owe you a beer!

Dick, We closed down BW Wings, then stood out on the sidewalk for a bit. Woulda, coulda joined ya' if only I'd known.

See ya' at your double-duty performance at I&E High Brass, and at the Minicorps stage.