One of the most creative shows this year belongs to...

Yes, the handlebar flags were used by Alliance of Miami winterguard in 1993, however the guard designer from Blue Stars was also on their staff. I would not consider the idea stolen if the idea came from the same person. Michaal Shapiro has taken his original idea and expanded and improved on it with the Blue Stars.

Go Blue Stars!!! FCO!!!

And I see nothing wrong with taking ideas and embellishing them. My point was the poster thought what Blue Stars was doing was original. I was simply pointing out that it had been done before. :thumbup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I think its no better than a decen class "A" winterguard show. Too much prop and not enough dubstance. Too literal and amateurish.

IMO

Geoffrey

As opposed to all the other drum corps that dare to challenge the expansive intellect of the average drum corps fan with shows about Rocky and Codas to overplayed orchestral lit?

Edited by BD_Fan

It's amazing how many drum corps are getting ideas from WGI.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Even before there was a WGI, and even before there was a DCI, you could go to a guard championship and see what the corps would be doing visually the next few seasons.

As opposed to all the other drum corps that dare to challenge the expansive intellect of the average drum corps fan with shows about Rocky and Codas to overplayed orchestral lit?

Even though PR has my favorite show this year, I must confess I find the slaying of the drum major on the center podium to be a bit literal. It's like the show is designed so people think "oh wow, that guy died and lost the slave uprising, COOL. the uprising is over and that guy on the podium lost." :thumbup:

Edited by corps-mudgeon

Even though PR has my favorite show this year, I must confess I find the slaying of the drum major on the center podium to be a bit literal. It's like the show is designed so people think "oh wow, that guy died and lost the slave uprising, COOL. the uprising is over and that guy on the podium lost."

Well let's be honest, mate, Americans ain't that bright.

thanks for the response. i didnt really think it had anything to do with star of indiana, i was just wondering since i didnt think it was a blue stars thing. thoughhhhhh i did admittedly think of star (and also crown) when i first heard them live in michigan city last year. thanks contras. hell of a hornline sound. :thumbup:

I thought of Star immediately when I saw this, but I think it was because it used to be such a signature for them (used to always happen at a big climax point in the show).