Holy Name Cadets 2009

So Hopkin's cheerleader daughter is now the chief intellect in these matters? I'm moving.

Now look who's being sarcastic. One, im pretty sure she's a dance major or something...and the guard captain of the cadets (at least it looked like her at retreat on sat), so its pretty clear she works her ### off like everyone else. But go ahead and insult her to prove a point. Two, i didnt say or imply that she spoke for the corps...but since I cant call up the members right now and ask them what they think, I'm just going off what I heard (which is actually written, and verifiable). I suppose i could say something like "ZOMG i have eleventy billion friends at teh cadets and they ALL want to play Rocky point and Malaguena on .25 valve G buglges next year and burn teh amps!!!"... but i think i'll just stick to the truth that I know.... :thumbup:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now look who's being sarcastic. One, im pretty sure she's a dance major or something...and the guard captain of the cadets (at least it looked like her at retreat on sat), so its pretty clear she works her ### off like everyone else. But go ahead and insult her to prove a point. Two, i didnt say or imply that she spoke for the corps...but since I cant call up the members right now and ask them what they think, I'm just going off what I heard (which is actually written, and verifiable). I suppose i could say something like "ZOMG i have eleventy billion friends at teh cadets and they ALL want to play Rocky point and Malaguena on .25 valve G buglges next year and burn teh amps!!!"... but i think i'll just stick to the truth that I know.... :thumbup:

Is it imperative that make so many neanderthal quasi-internet lulz posts when you speak here? I'm really trying hard to circumvent insulting you, and oh is it hard, because I don't want the mods to get mad at me, but I don't understand how you think as an "adult" that you can talk like that in a pseudo-civil discussion and get away with it. Seriously? "zomg"? Really?

Well...if he ages out (and im assuming he will...i've been hearing the same name for awhile)...that will leave 0 for the 09 season. Wasn't hop's own daughter asking for a break from the 'innovation'.

I believe that she said something along those lines.

I'm not sure that taking a "break from the innovation" is really the right phrase though. Taking a reprieve from the constant criticism and venom aimed towards the corps is more like it. I can't speak for the current members, but as an alumnus of the corps I would like to see them push innovation in a new direction other than storytelling.

From 2000 to 2004 the corps tried to do highly crowd pleasing shows with varying degrees of success. Then they changed directions and pushed story telling to another level with varying degrees of success. I think it's time for The Cadets to reinvent themselves yet again

I can't stand Cadets 2000-2003 (seriously, I hate them), Cadets 2005-present is MUUUUUUUUUCH better. If people just don't happen to like it, why should someone like me be deprived just because some Nazis want their Night of Crystal.

Is it imperative that make so many neanderthal quasi-internet lulz posts when you speak here? I'm really trying hard to circumvent insulting you, and oh is it hard, because I don't want the mods to get mad at me, but I don't understand how you think as an "adult" that you can talk like that in a pseudo-civil discussion and get away with it. Seriously? "zomg"? Really?

Haha...get over yourself. The quasi-internet speak exists for exaggeration purposes - generally to portray a ridiculous or unlikely point of view. When I say "i could do this............ "and end with a smiley, it may just be a joke. It's really quite an old and overused internet message board technique. Most people are mature enough to take it all in and still be able to comprehend it, but if you cant, thats cool.

Back on topic though - I believe we were discussing the ramifications of a particular member's comment regarding the cadets show design choices...at least before you tried to derail the thread :thumbup:

Haha...get over yourself. The quasi-internet speak exists for exaggeration purposes - generally to portray a ridiculous or unlikely point of view. When I say "i could do this............ "and end with a smiley, it may just be a joke. It's really quite an old and overused internet message board technique. Most people are mature enough to take it all in and still be able to comprehend it, but if you cant, thats cool.

Ahem, I understand lulz. I Ron Paul up and down /b/ like nobody's business, SO SOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRY IF I FIND IT MORONIC WHEN I'M TALKING ABOUT BERNSTEIN LAWL LAWL DERP!

Anyway, have you guys heard Bernstein's 2nd Symphony, it's quite good!

Ahem, I understand lulz. I Ron Paul up and down /b/ like nobody's business, SO SOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRY IF I FIND IT MORONIC WHEN I'M TALKING ABOUT BERNSTEIN LAWL LAWL DERP!

Anyway, have you guys heard Bernstein's 2nd Symphony, it's quite good!

I dont think I have, unless some corps used a piece of it in a hack n/ slash arrangement. But i didnt know we were really talking about him...

I dont think I have, unless some corps used a piece of it in a hack n/ slash arrangement. But i didnt know we were really talking about him...

Ahem, well it's a very good piece, very long. It hasn't bleh like the Jeremiah symphony which isn't really a symphony, more of a suite. I don't know why musicologists haven't ripped him apart on that.

Nah. You lost me when you decided to fall back on that old stand-by, the "Nazi Come Back". When all else fails, call anyone who disagrees with you a Nazi.

Nah. You lost me when you decided to fall back on that old stand-by, the "Nazi Come Back". When all else fails, call anyone who disagrees with you a Nazi.

Did you read my post at all? Did you realize the context in which I was using the Nazi reference, and the reference to Kristallnacht in plain English? It was a joke, Madame Butterfly, live a little! Not every thing is plain and simple like biscuits and grits, with a swill a moonshine boy howdy.