Backpacks in Bloomington?

great!!! thanks for the help! it's my first live show, first semis & finals to watch live, only second year watching. I prefer photography over video anyway. do you know if those include DSLRS??(bigger cameras with a bigger body and lens, not a point and shoot???) i just want to be positive so i dont end up with a camera with no place to keep it. thanks!

I take my 35mm Minolta (cuz I'm old school) and my 3 pound zoom lens.....I never have a problem.

thank you for all your help. another noobish question. This sounds so stupid when i see it on the screen, but you are allowed to take pictures during the performance? dslr shutters are loud, but i presume the corps could cover that up. just wanted to know so i dont make my seat neighbors mad. plus, ive only seen shutter bulbs after performances. thanks

another noobish question. This sounds so stupid when i see it on the screen, but you are allowed to take pictures during the performance?

Yuppers. Just use your judgement. You probably shouldn't use your burst mode. The hardest portion of a show to shoot is the ballad. That's where ears tend to extend their hearing.

when going to any major stadium, I would suggest bringing along an old pop bottle screw cap. Columbus Crew stadium sells bottled pop (or soda, for those of you not from Ohio or Indiana) but they take off the screw cap. I hate not having a cap on my pop bottle...goes flat and stuff. I dunno if Memorial stadium has the same policy, but you can bet I'll have an extra screw pop cap in my pocket!

In Georgia we call that "Coke" no matter what brand it is. If you are outside the metro Atlanta area it is called (spelled phonectically)

"Ko-Koler" :tongue:

Why cant you bring water ? :tongue:

...most larger stadiums dont allow any liquids to be brought in bottles - soda or water.

And, why do they remove and keep the caps when they sell bottles to you.

Why?

Because there have been a number of people who throw the half filled bottles on to the field when they get mad.

Havent seen it happen in drum corp, but many times at football games.

....so they keep the rule for all stadium events.

Its sad!