The other South African Field Band Thread

Is there a place anywhere to find out about the individual field bands? I've been looking for that.

I have heard bits and pieces of this project over the years, was really intrigued after the bit in the theaters about it

Is there a place anywhere to find out about the individual field bands? I've been looking for that.

I have heard bits and pieces of this project over the years, was really intrigued after the bit in the theaters about it

I had the pleasure to march with several Field Band members in Pioneer in 2006. I even saw one of the guys from '06 in that video last night! Roman is a big supporter of FBF and has been for years. I think that he donated the corps' G horns to the foundation this past off-season and some of the old uniforms as well.

As I was watching the add in the theater, I noticed some of the damaged horns and was thinking, man I need to go take the instrument repair course then take a trip over there to work on some of their equipment.

I have often wondered, as a former band director, how many perfectly good instruments are in people's attics?

I often saw children not be able to participate because of the money for a new instrument.

Too bad they can't advertise this more. Perhaps people would grab that old trumpet or trombone and donate them.