Cadets Classy Retreat

Does that mean Hemingway and Bukowski were horrible writers?

You know, you're right. Coleridge was a pretty good writer too, so I guess we should just legalize opium while we're at it.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how it is always the Senior corps who are trashed as being nothing but a bunch of drunks and partiers. It would appear that the "kids" could teach the Seniors a thing or two in that department.

Bottom line "kids", "everyone else is doing it" and "well you did it too" are lame excuses. If you are truly the 'best of the best' then start acting as such. Or at least come up with better responses than the tired cliche's that you are doing now when you do not act that way.

Seems to me that the "kids" just don't know HOW to drink. Besides, we were smart enough not to drink more than one beer before going on the field for retreat for fear of having to take a leak.

KIDS, just too many with no common sense today

No, your character is defined by your actions.

The meme of tortured, flawed artist as defense for marching member stupidity is a major reach. Nice try, though.

Unfortunately the same meme has been successfully worked for several adults in the activity over the years, although I still find it appalling.

Did I say that? Think like a reporter and only quote if it's quoted.

If it's no big, then what corps are you with? Why hide the alcohol? etc etc etc? You know it's not ok, so why come on here trying to defend the behavior?

God bless you, now go sweep the trailer floor....your boyfriend should be returning soon from his hard night of pool shooting, I can hear the Vega now.

Geoffrey

BAHAHAHAHA and to top it off with hearing the Vega :blink::blink: It could be a beat up Opal or that AMC "fishbowl" ( what were those called ? )

Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band. Band.

Seriously. Everyone that's said it has a point.

I was drunk on the field my ageout year. A lot of us just carry flasks out there. It's just the way it was...in 05. And that's not surprising that it's still like that this year.

My boyfriend was drunk on the finals field in 01, so it's no new occurrence. Just seems like people on DCP are getting more and more uptight every year.

It happens. You won't be able to stop it by your constant blabbing on DCP. Write a letter and see where it gets you.

So says the oboe player from band camp............................. :blink:

Obviously, what points needed to be made here already have been earlier . . .and now we've veered off of the original topic and headed towards the realm of personal attacks.

Feel free to open up another thread if you wish, but this one's done.