Legacy DVDs

I am sure this has been asked often. I am going to buy a few Legacy DVDs and need help deciding which ones. Please tell me which years you think are the best to get, from the begining onward. Please do not just list years, as I will end up with a list including every year, but why that year? And if you list 8 years in one post it will be most unuseful.

So please... Convince me! Which years should I use my food budget on and why???

89 - The top two pretty much seal the deal

96 - The two that tied for first, plus Madison make this one incredible

00 - I don't think this is actually in the legacy collection, but top to bottom I can just sit and watch everything in this (not sure if it has hi-cam, but if it does then even better!)

03 - Another year that I can just put on and let it play all the way through. And this one definitely has hi-cam, so it trumps 00

Well I would suggest the entire series!

I have the entire set and I watch a different one every so often. Every year has its awesome moments.

If I had to pick a few however:

But of course they are all GREAT!

1984 - I used to think I was partial to this year because it was the first year I was exposed to the activity. Upon further review over the years I think it really was the best musical top 6 to ever be fielded. And loud...omg, is it ever loud. Many old school folks might roll their eyes at this response because it was a really over played year by most anyone who owned the recordings back in the day, and there are pleny of other years you should also buy, but I'm tellin' ya, for sure buy this one!!!!

When they had a buy-two-get-one-free deal some time ago, I decided on '88, '89 and '92. These had a nice cross section of shows I didn't already have, like '92 Xmen that a lot of folks think is their all-time best, '92 SCV (the last Bottle Dance), '92 VK's sheer comic genius, SCV's Phantom of the Opera both years ('88 and '89) plus 3 Star of Indiana shows outside my '91 and '93 I already had and treasured. And a bunch more shows I could bore you to tears with, but those were the highlights that basically drove me to go with those 3 years.

Thanks so far for the replies. Already narrowing it down. Any more? This is your chance to sway my fan/show loyalty

1984. Being one of the guys who does recordings for DCI (recently), I can't help but listen to drumcorps recordings very critically. And I love the sound of the 84 recordings - the horn presence is really "in your face", and the stadium is one of the best-sounding. Also, although it may not be people's favorite year in terms of visuals, it was one of the best years musically. BD, Cadets, Madison, and Freelancers in particular have incredible musical shows that I have listened to over and over. The BD recording alone is worth the price of the disc, one of the best drumcorps recordings ever, in my opinion.

I bought 88 and 94 from DCI and 92 on eBay. When I first gained interested in the activity my first drum corps recording was a bootleg tape of 1988 finals that I played over and over. So I really dug all the shows. Besides the stand out SCV, Madison and BD shows from that year, both Star's and Sky Ryder's shows grew on me. 92 was my first PBS broadcast that I had seen. Prior to that I had just seen broadcasts from the shows at RCC. That year blew my mind. 1994 did that for me too.

I am now contemplating getting the 95, 96, and 89 DVDs.

Some said earlier that sometimes DCI as a buy 2 get 1 free deal. I have seen buy 1 get 1 free too.

I bought 88 and 94 from DCI and 92 on eBay. When I first gained interested in the activity my first drum corps recording was a bootleg tape of 1988 finals that I played over and over. So I really dug all the shows. Besides the stand out SCV, Madison and BD shows from that year, both Star's and Sky Ryder's shows grew on me. 92 was my first PBS broadcast that I had seen. Prior to that I had just seen broadcasts from the shows at RCC. That year blew my mind. 1994 did that for me too.

I am now contemplating getting the 95, 96, and 89 DVDs.

Some said earlier that sometimes DCI as a buy 2 get 1 free deal. I have seen buy 1 get 1 free too.

I saw that the booth at finals had a buy 2 get 1 free deal.... is it online too?