Bad Quality APD's?

Ok, so I spent around $8 for 3 APD's from quarters, and I don't know if it's just me or not (probably not), but it's bad quality and I'm not gonna buy anything more from this year on the fan network like I was planing to. Maybe it's some plan they have to increase sales in DVD's (which probably isn't necessary for this year), but it's frustrating. Anybody else having this problem?

PS: I didn't see another topic about this so I hope there isn't one.

The effort that goes into APD's is not ANYTHING like the effort that goes into the finals recordings. That's why the APD's aren't of the best quality. If they put the same effort into the APD's as they do the finals recordings, the APD's would take quite a while to be posted after each event.

Edited by cmathis

The effort that goes into APD's is not ANYTHING like the effort that goes into the finals recordings. That's why the APD's aren't of the best quality. If they put the same effort into the APD's as they do the finals recordings, the APD's would take quite a while to be posted after each event.

.. considering how much the APDs cost (even for FN subscribers) maybe they should... or lower that cost.

I remember last year buying the APD's and not having any complaints though. I mean, the APD's I bought from Stanford are much better than Quarters.

tis true... ive also noticed that. blue stars show has a lot of problems in the middle of the recording.

I've got some APDs from San Antonio and they sound really good to me. I hope that the bad quality

you are experiencing in the Quarterfinals APDs is not indicative of the quality of the DVDs/CDs.

tis true... ive also noticed that. blue stars show has a lot of problems in the middle of the recording.

That didn't have anything to do with the recording quality.

During the middle of the Blue Stars Quarter's performance, the PA system starting acting up with lots of noise.

I'm not sure exactly what caused it.

Well here's the thing. I bought right after quarters BD's quarters recording. The quarterfinals recording was indeed good quality. Then I bought some other recordings after I got back home, and they were bad quality. I'm not talking about random noise, it's just that the recording sounds like it has no depth if you know what I mean, or maybe it's mono (meaning one speaker).

Nevermind, I was wrong. It's just I assumed it was my laptop at that time.

Edited by Noname

That didn't have anything to do with the recording quality.

During the middle of the Blue Stars Quarter's performance, the PA system starting acting up with lots of noise.

I'm not sure exactly what caused it.

Ah yeah.. i forgot about that... god that was awful in the stands.

I only bought Phantom and Crown from quarters and the quality is OK, but the pit is way too loud. My last CD set is from 1992 (pre-amplification), so that's what I have to compare it to. Is an overly loud pit common for the CDs from the past few years? I pre-ordered the '08 CDs and I hope they don't sound this pit-heavy.

Thanks,

Patrick

Edited by Patrick McNeal