Madison Bass

I have the answer....

They just decided to be stupid. They looked awkward and stupid just standing there....like they had forgotten how to walk or something.

Here's what the DCI official said...

"Why don't you boys go pick up your s... and get your butts off the field."

Like I said...they looked stupid.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO THE BASSES STOOD IN THE END ZONE DURNG FINALS BECAUSE OF WHITE PANTS?!?! I was saying there is no answer to the original poster's question about WHY DID THEY STAND THERE. See, That's what happens when a thread gets hijacked. WOW.

Maybe only those 5 guys know and they're not tellin. Settle down for crying out loud...

I have the answer....

They just decided to be stupid. They looked awkward and stupid just standing there....like they had forgotten how to walk or something.

Here's what the DCI official said...

"Why don't you boys go pick up your s... and get your butts off the field."

Like I said...they looked stupid.

Wow Mr. Brace. Not cool.

I can't remember which thread, but I thought I read here that they were continuing an old tradition of a game played at retreat that involved seeing which bass line could hold out on the field the longest. This would explain it the best, although I am still holding stock on the "White Pants" theory.

Haha...it is pretty funny :smile:

...I mean, wait...its not cool to make fun of Madison!!!

Bad Tom.....BAD TOM!!!! :smile:

Well, considering that Mr. Brace has been one of Madison's biggest supporters this season I was a bit surprised at his inappropriate response. Yours, not so much.

Maybe they wanted to stop and look at all the other corps' pants.

I can confirm both of these. "Contra" wars eventually got turned into "Bass wars," because the bass drums were the last members of the corps marching on the field. The bassline used to spread out so that there were about 5 - 10 yards between each player to try and be the last member to be set in the block.

What happened Finals night may be something along these lines, or it could be completely unrelated. I know someone who marched this year, I'll ask and see if I can get an answer. Or if someone knows the real answer please enlighten me! I'm curious! :sad:

And for Pete's sake, start a new topic for the uniform debate! :lookaround:

I can now confirm my first guess, straight from the horses mouth (a member of the 08 Scouts drumline, not that he's a horse) that the basses were participating in the old school style "bass wars." Any time they did retreat this season the basses tried to be the last ones off the field. In keeping with tradition, and the rest of the 08 season, they decided to stay on the field until someone told them to leave.

So, there it is OP. It took a lot of nonsense to get here, but there's your answer. :sad:

I can now confirm my first guess, straight from the horses mouth (a member of the 08 Scouts drumline, not that he's a horse) that the basses were participating in the old school style "bass wars." Any time they did retreat this season the basses tried to be the last ones off the field. In keeping with tradition, and the rest of the 08 season, they decided to stay on the field until someone told them to leave.

So, there it is OP. It took a lot of nonsense to get here, but there's your answer. :sad:

Thanks! But - what color pants are they wearing next year? :lookaround:

Wow Mr. Brace. Not cool.

Actually, I call it as I see it. It was and continues to be a stupid move. Get your crap and get off the field. It is not a classy move or anything...it is stupid. Draws attention to a 12th place corps for all the wrong reasons.

Again...call it as I see it.