Madison Bass

I agree, I just can't decide if they should stick with the black pants or go to white.

White. (I'm sure I'm biased though)

I can't count the number of times watching the show where I thought "That's some really cool footwork! If they didn't have dark pants, people could actually see it!"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in our section mentioned a tradition that Madison tries to be the last off the field at Retreat, no matter what? (Note, this is pure speculation on our parts - if I'm wrong, feel free to say so and then correct me! :smile:)

Mike

... wow, I hope that is not the reason...

I hope we actually get an answer and the whole thread doesn't become a debate about pants.

New uniforms look warm when they are doing parking lot warm-ups in bibbers, shirts/ties, instead of just bibbers and t-shirts like other corps. Hope that everyone uses deoderant.

Ya, does anyone know why they went with actual shirts and ties rather than just making them into the jacket? I like it, but it looks like a lot to be wearing in the summer.

Also, if they went to the trouble of making everything "real" why do the jackets still close in the back?

I'm glad this topic was brought up. I guessed that they were doing some sort of a tribute to the winners, but I couldn't really figure out exactly what. I thought maybe they were planning to do something towards Phantom after the field had cleared but then that got nixed by the official. All pure speculation of course.

This topic has been mentioned in a few other threads, but no reliable answer has been given as I far as I saw. Hopefully now, enough time has passed and members are back home that we could get a real answer to this. Was it tribute based? Tradition based? Something else entirely?

(Also, can we stop with the pants talk!!!! Open another thread about uniforms, please !!! This one's about bass drummers!!!! :smile: )

I think they were standing there, debating whether or not to wear white pants next year.

Winner :smile:

Can't answer the original question (and I am curious about the answer). But as to the uniform, IMO, this is the best uniform Madison has had since the Eisenhower jacket of the '80s. In fact, one of the reasons I love this uniform is because it is so reminiscent of that one . . . yet updated. Yes, there is a bit of blending in of the dark-green jacket with the field, but given the complaints I read about it ahead of time, when I finally saw the corps in Buffalo it wasn't nearly as noticeable as I expected. I think if they can add some sort of subtle contrasting trim to the jacket, that will take care of it. This is a traditional Madison color going back to the original Explorer Scouts days, and I think it works for them.

I think the dark pants look fine, but white pants would look good too. Either way, I love these uniforms and hope they keep them for a while.