Top 10 or Class A Champion

I hate to say this, and this is sad, but go tell that to the 2007 Defending Class A Champions, The Sunrisers!!! Due to LACK of membership, and total re-organization, they sadly will NOT be defending their title this year..... :smile:

I don't know how I have gone all season and did not realize they were active.Shame on me.

Another corps effected by the 35 rule?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take the gold medal, the spot in the history books and the good publicity from a Class A title. If I'm a small corps, I'd like to win my class before I make the jump to Open. I can take my Class A crown and go back to my home base and promote the heck out of it. Local newspapers and TV will make more out of "champion" than "finalist" for an activity that many folks don't know about. I know that top 10 gets members rights and all that, but if I'm in Class A, that means I'm small and growing. I'd like to spread the word more with my new championship title and grow more so I can become a perennial top 10 corps.

Great post.10th place loser is still 10th place loser.There is something to be said about winning a championship.

Everyone keeps talking about the vote and what it means.Voting as a minority means nothing when the majority holds office regardless of who the majority is.This holds true in our nations government and this holds true with DCA.

MBI,Renegades,Kilties and Corpvets are going to be the voting members representing the outside the NE voting block.Assuming of course Cru does not take away one of those spots.That makes a 6/4 majority in voting.You still have 6 corps making the decision for all of DCA.

I agree with CallipygianKing that there should be a vote for the CLass A champion.The Class A championship corps generally has a good working knowledge of how DCA works and could be a valuable member of the voting block regardless of geographics.

Basically this question is.

Big fish small pond vs. small fish big pond.

Basically this question is.

Big fish small pond vs. small fish big pond.

Ahh but you must factor in where the pond is at :smile:

I know this topic has been brough up in other threads, but I wanted to make an official thread concerning to get everyone's input. The two corps that come to mind are Alliance and SoCal Dream. Each are having great seasons, but if you were a corps member (or director), would you rather:

A) Make history and be in the Top 10; not to mention, receive a vote at the DCA Rules Congress

or

B) Win the Class A Championship and receive a gold medal and encore performance.

Perhaps some of the corps in Class-A want to remain in the classification that they are at and don’t have the desire to increase in size and produce an Open Class program. For some corps, I don’t think that being a Class-A Champion is all that bad.

I would have a hard time thumping my chest about a "championship" and/or waving it in the face of other groups that beat me in head to head competition the night before.

There have been several class A champions. No class A corps has ever made open class finals.

To me the greater accomplishment is obvious, whether you call it a "championship" or not.

Is it just me, or are we in some sort of vortex or alternative universe here.... where the same threads come back, over and over and over and over........ :lookaround:

Fran

Another corps effected by the 35 rule?

No. Not really.

Fran

GROUNDHOG DAY :lookaround:

Farfegnugen