Phantom DVDs

I swear I searched the forums for this, but it seem searching for three-letter words (DVD, The) is verboten.

Has anyone seen the "Chasing The Dream" or 50th Anniversary DVDs from Phantom Regiment, and are they worth getting? Any reviews out there?

Thanks,

Patrick

I have Chasing the Dream along with the 03 and 04 On The Road DVD's.

I think they are worth getting.

I have the 50th Anniversary DVD that includes the 1996 Finals show followed by the Scores announcement for the top 3 corps (if not more).

The 50th DVD is kind of a must if you are into Regiment at all, IMO. The story had me choked up pretty good, but then again, I know these people and they all mean a lot to me. I think I posted a short review of it on DCP once when I first saw it. Really was sort of taken aback by it.

The on the road Dvd's are always great. the 03 one rocked...it has an excellent "studio" recording of the show that I actually prefer to the field recording (it's a lot clearer, in tune, etc) and some other extras. the 06 show i think was the last one that had an on the road dvd. 04 had one too. i don't think 05 had one...if they did, I didn't get it (and that would've been very unusual for me).

Don’t want to be called a hater of anything but I saw the 50 year one…and if you already own 1996 I’d suggest taking a pass. It’s filled with some great stories, pictures and their history and its well done, it might even move you but other than their 1996 show, it won’t rock you – keep in mind it’s a documentary. Now if that’s what you want, its awesome, go buy 2

Overall, I did enjoy it very much but I would have to qualify my recommendation to make sure they knew what they were getting - no, it's not a best of, greatest hits tons of shows on one dvd

The 50th DVD is kind of a must if you are into Regiment at all, IMO. The story had me choked up pretty good, but then again, I know these people and they all mean a lot to me. I think I posted a short review of it on DCP once when I first saw it. Really was sort of taken aback by it.

The on the road Dvd's are always great. the 03 one rocked...it has an excellent "studio" recording of the show that I actually prefer to the field recording (it's a lot clearer, in tune, etc) and some other extras. the 06 show i think was the last one that had an on the road dvd. 04 had one too. i don't think 05 had one...if they did, I didn't get it (and that would've been very unusual for me).

Hate to break this to you.............but yes, the Rhapsody program had an on the road DVD in 2005. One of my all time phavorites. It was such a refreshing show. :smile:

We are currently working on the 2008 DVD. We should have an update on the 03,04,05 and 06 DVD re-release soon.

John

Thanks John! You're the best! I must say, year after year you put out an incredible product :thumbup:

We are currently working on the 2008 DVD. We should have an update on the 03,04,05 and 06 DVD re-release soon.

John

Was wondering about '06! Nice to know of the re-release. Is that anything like a "remake" or "re-do?" :thumbup: