Prelim recaps?

Dr Beat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why still no prelim recaps? Avoiding controversy?

"CONTROVERSY"

I’ve been thinking the same thing, can’t

wait to see the prelim visual & percussion

numbers? especially……….ensemble visual!

Cabs were 2.1 down to MB in ens. vis. at finals,

WHO PICKS THESE JUDGES?

Lots of new/no-name visual judges this year

Edited by SKEK_SOP

Why still no prelim recaps? Avoiding controversy?

I don't see any controversy......... and I am as much a Cabs fan as anyone. You could throw a blanket over the 2-5 corps all season long, and, if the season was one week longer, include Bush as well.

DCA used two different panels for prelims and finals. If the finals 1-10 went the same as prelims, some would complain of slotting, yellow sheeting, and fixing....... With the finals swaying from prelims as they did, some complain that the difference is in the judges............ can't satisfy everyone either way.

This was DCA's FINEST season all around. The finals contest was but one contest....... the outcome has been flip-flopping all year (except on the very top). Unless an observer is so much a fan of one particular corps, you gotta love the way the corps ALL reacted to the pressure.......there were no losers, but MBI, Hurcs, Bush all went up a notch.......not to mention that fantastics Class A competition, the Alumni show, and mini-corps competition.

Clearly, the BIG winners were DCA, DCP, Baker Videos (watch the DVD sales THIS year), and drum and bugle corps in general!

Congratulations to everyone.

Proudly,

Joe in NJ

Prelims and Finals recaps are released at the same time... that's how it is done...