Congrats to Alliance, Class A Champions...

JeffP

Yes Congrats from everyone at CV on the championship. It's been fun watching everyone in DCA South "raising the bar" this year. How cool would it be to see three southern DCA corps in Open Class finals down the road? :thumbup::music:

The corps growth over the course of the season was pretty amazing. Especially cool for me to see some old students doing such a good job of teaching.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys bring out next year.

AA

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Alliance! Thank you for turning it up a notch (actually about 5 notches) in Class A competition. What you accomplished will make us all strive to be better.

I learned a valuable lesson from your pit ensemble this year; something that every small corps should do. Having two keyboard players playing the same instrument in unison (marimba or vibe) is much more effective than just one on a part. (Bells and xylo don't need it as much) So if there are only four or five people in the pit, put two of them (at least) on marimba. More expensive equipment wise but worth the effort if you can do it.

When I saw yall in Douglasville there were times where it almost sounded like the keyboards were (dare I say) amplified. Very smart! I'll always remember that for our own purposes in the future.

Congratulations Alliance! I did not get to see you guys perform but your corps response to our drumline (Renegades) lot warm up is one of the best memories I have from Rochester. Appreciate the support and cheering in the lot as you guys came back to your equipment truck. We were all talking about it at some point later after our show how cool it was to have the Class A Champions hypeing us in the lot. I am going to check out your guys show as soon as it is available for me to watch. Have heard nothing but great things about your corps. Thanks again for the great memory!

Adam Jones (Renegades snare)

:music:

Everyone in BOTH Hot-lanta corps should be proud of Alliance..A great job by both corps. :music:

Jeff - I tried to find you after the show, but the moment kinda got away from me (I can't understand why)..I had wished that Flash could've been there to share both historic events, your guy's 1st place finish and MBI's 2nd place. :thumbup:

BTW - say Hi to your mom for us!

Pat

I know, the weekend just went by so quickly. Next year, I'm planning on taking a little more time off to be up there. Tell Flash HEY!!! And hopefully MBI can stop by Amherst High School again for a night next year. I'll let mom and the other band boosters know you all said HI.

Congrats on a great show to MBI!!! I was floored watching it.

Edited by JeffP

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Reading this really makes all of the hard work put in this year worth it for everyone involved with the corps. Thank you for supporting us. :sad:

:sad:

I'm psyched for you guys Andy..always thought you guys were going to make some noise.

It was great seeing you again..and YOU'RE STILL A SICKO !! (just kidding)

Congrats to all y'all on the first of what should be numerous titles. :worthy:

Pat