Drum corps conspiracies...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually a slotting sheet for that night found and Dekalb at DCM in 2001 by a SW member. And, yes. It actually did happen.

Yup, that's the one. It's the one incident that really pisses me off. Because of it, I'm a pindrop away from declaring DCI to be a complete sham.

Yup, that's the one. It's the one incident that really pisses me off. Because of it, I'm a pindrop away from declaring DCI to be a complete sham.

Please read contrajedi8's response again. It DID NOT happen at a DCI show.

DCI, DCM, DCUK -- doesn't matter to me.

Are you saying that it was part of the demise of DCM?

I did not say nor imply anything of the sort.

I did say it WASN'T at a DCI show. You had mentioned this incident was a reason you were close to considering DCI a sham. Why should DCI be brought into the equation when it wasn't at a DCI event?

And by the same token, if it doesn't matter to you whether it's DCI or DCUK, would you tar and feather DCI for something that happened at a DCUK event?

I don't follow the logic. But, hey, maybe it's just me.

And by the same token, if it doesn't matter to you whether it's DCI or DCUK, would you tar and feather DCI for something that happened at a DCUK event?

Yeah, I would, because the whole premise behind judging is that it only pays attention to the performance at the moment, and doesn't PREjudge before anybody gets to play a single note. Screw with that, and the whole idea of "judging" is in the toilet.

You know as well as I do that DCM judges also did DCI shows.

I've been fairly convinced that the judging community has always been crooked in some way, and that was well before 2001. Hell, I hadn't even heard about this "slotting sheet" thing until a year or two ago. To me, it's just another nail in the coffin.

I'm going to laugh pretty loudly when more shenanigans come to light and DCI falls on its face.

Edited by Leland

Yeah, I would, because the whole premise behind judging is that it only pays attention to the performance at the moment, and doesn't PREjudge before anybody gets to play a single note. Screw with that, and the whole idea of "judging" is in the toilet.

You know as well as I do that DCM judges also did DCI shows.

I've been fairly convinced that the judging community has always been crooked in some way, and that was well before 2001. Hell, I hadn't even heard about this "slotting sheet" thing until a year or two ago. To me, it's just another nail in the coffin.

I'm going to laugh pretty loudly when more shenanigans come to light and DCI falls on its face.

Not all DCM judges did DCI shows.

You just admitted you would be willing to tar and feather DCI for something that might happen at DCUK. I'm incapable of understanding that logic.

And I especially don't understand why you would "laugh pretty loudly" if DCI fell on its face.

Not all DCM judges did DCI shows.

You just admitted you would be willing to tar and feather DCI for something that might happen at DCUK. I'm incapable of understanding that logic.

And I especially don't understand why you would "laugh pretty loudly" if DCI fell on its face.

Judges talk to one another -- you can't expect me to believe that they all don't know about this.

If DCUK would do it, who's to say that DCI wouldn't? So-called "competitive" marching activities would lose what little credibility they have left. All that work that those kids put into chasing rings would be invalidated. The semi-joking around that champions were already chosen in November would, instead, be completely true.

The judging community chose to do stupid crap like this, and they'll have to deal with the consequences. That's why I would laugh heartily.

Frankly, I can't believe that you're sitting there thinking that a major slip of secret information doesn't mean anything. Aren't you the least bit concerned? Don't you understand that it means that nobody actually EARNED a championship title? Or are you trying to discredit it and prevent further damage?

Edited by Leland