Drum corps conspiracies...

If I am going over ground that has already been addressed many times over, I apologize - - - but has there ever been a list of drum corps "conspiracies" that most people can agree upon? I'm not talking about what most people think are legitimate issues; I'm talking about the tinfoil hat, flat earth sort of theories - - a recent example of such being the idea that somehow the Phans forced the judges to make PR the winner this year ... (my God, why didn't they think of that before!). I think these theories are out there for about every corps - they are laughable, and I think it would be funny to see a list made by general agreement of these ...

And if this has already been done, I am sorry for re-starting a previously done thread ...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are lots of conspiracy threads here on DCP but it takes to long to find them in all of the pages. It doesn't hurt (too much) to start it up again.

The last one I read was that there is a "props bag" that is used to determine shows each year. The corps directors pass around a tattered bag filled with mysterious items at a meeting before camps begin. Directors pull one object out and must design a show after it. I.e. SCV director pulled out a "3" from the bag and had to work with that and Blue Starts picked out a small toy bike....etc.

Theory: The "Top 6" (whoever they may be at the time...sometimes called the "Top 3, 4, or 5") run DCI and make self serving policies at the expense of smaller less powerful corps.

Theory: Championships are won in judge's critiques and pre/post show high powered (see Top 6) staff run ins with DCI staffers and judges. Meaning: skilled ear bending is just as good as skilled performance when it comes to putting points on the board.

Yes, there was a thread on this, but it disappeared under mysterious circumstances. :thumbup:

And I COULD tell you where it went- but then I'd have to kill you.

If you watch the Cadets 97 drill in a mirror while standing on your head you’ll be really dizzy

Its true and I don’t suggest adding a strobe light for effect

And if you play the music backwards, you'll clearly hear someone say, "George Hopkins, your pizza is ready."

Don't forget about the time that someone found recap sheets for that night's show... before the show.

It was actually a slotting sheet for that night found and Dekalb at DCM in 2001 by a SW member. And, yes. It actually did happen.