Skyliners Alumni Announce 2009 Music Program/Creative Team

Following a successful performance at the DCA Alumni Spectacular in Rochester on Labor Day weekend, The New York Skyliners’ Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is proud to announce the upcoming 2009 Program and Instructional Staff. Led by returning Show Coordinator and World Drum Corps Hall of Fame / NJHoF...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...3&Itemid=29

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following a successful performance at the DCA Alumni Spectacular in Rochester on Labor Day weekend, The New York Skyliners’ Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is proud to announce the upcoming 2009 Program and Instructional Staff. Led by returning Show Coordinator and World Drum Corps Hall of Fame / NJHoF...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...3&Itemid=29

Every corps tends to hype their new season, but I can honestly say that the hype here is legit. The talent level is breathtaking top to bottom, to say the least. Don't be intimidated if you haven't played in a while, the corps is very welcoming and encouraging. If you want to be a part of Sky Alumni, they'll help you make it work. And, lest one forget, they know how to have FUN.

Every corps tends to hype their new season, but I can honestly say that the hype here is legit. The talent level is breathtaking top to bottom, to say the least. Don't be intimidated if you haven't played in a while, the corps is very welcoming and encouraging. If you want to be a part of Sky Alumni, they'll help you make it work. And, lest one forget, they know how to have FUN.

Yes, AGREE. The NY Skyliners Alumni is a great bunch. You will enjoy almost every minute. New people are AWAY's Welcome. Even if not past members.

AND what a terrific score they have lined up.

Edited by OldStyleCorps

I couldn't believe my eyes.....they were using Ultra-tone valve and rotors!!!.....WHAT A SOUND!!

:whistle:

I couldn't believe my eyes.....they were using Ultra-tone valve and rotors!!!.....WHAT A SOUND!!

:whistle:

In truth, they use whatever they can get their hands on. Since some of those charts were written before G-F horns, it really doesn't matter what combination of valves and rotors the horn is fitted with. The sound is in the arrangements, not in the horns being used.

In truth, they use whatever they can get their hands on. Since some of those charts were written before G-F horns, it really doesn't matter what combination of valves and rotors the horn is fitted with. The sound is in the arrangements, not in the horns being used.

I would agree to a point, its the player not necessarily the instrument. And of course anything Hy Dreitzer arranged is certainly a work of art. I would have given my left you know what to play "Concerto in F"....

Good luck to the Skyliners, I wish them well, I thought the off-the-line drill they did this year was a nice addition. Its

always a pleasure to hear them at the Spectacular.

I would agree to a point, its the player not necessarily the instrument. And of course anything Hy Dreitzer arranged is certainly a work of art. I would have given my left you know what to play "Concerto in F"....

Good luck to the Skyliners, I wish them well, I thought the off-the-line drill they did this year was a nice addition. Its

always a pleasure to hear them at the Spectacular.

2008_DCA_344.JPG