Southwind information

Sigh....that sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing them this summer.

Good luck S-Dub! We'll see you in 2010!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really surprised. They had a lot of debt to worry about and it is hard to raise funds in this day and age for an inactive group in any activity. I wish them the very best. Maybe one of us will win Mega Millions and bring back all of the inactives.... :tongue: .

Not really surprised. They had a lot of debt to worry about and it is hard to raise funds in this day and age for an inactive group in any activity. I wish them the very best. Maybe one of us will win Mega Millions and bring back all of the inactives.... :tongue: .

if I ever win the lottery, I'm buying every corps new buses and trucks. Horns come next year, then drums

Don't see why this would need to be kept a secret, better to let people know beforehand so they can get more focused on where they want to audition

This totally changes my plans for 09 and audition season.

I know I'm not the only one.

n1442822111_30600395_8890.jpg

Legends never die.

Krause Anderson! Oh how I haven't uttered that in SO LONG!

*raises a beer while tossing a corhhole bag* See you in 2010 Sdub!

...Rob Bruegger took this shot, and explained 'They pratice out in the field by where I work. But only under a full moon'

n674750166_2635534_9399.jpg

This totally changes my plans for 09 and audition season.

I know I'm not the only one.

n1442822111_30600395_8890.jpg

Legends never die.

You may want to think about Blue Stars. I believe they had two former SW tubas in the hornline this past summer. Camps will be in Indy again, which is not that far from Kentucky.

You may want to think about Blue Stars. I believe they had two former SW tubas in the hornline this past summer. Camps will be in Indy again, which is not that far from Kentucky.

You could certainly do much worse for yourself than Blue Stars. They have had some real quality people behind the scenes (administration, drivers, etc.) for the last 8 or 9 years now. The steadily and vastly improving product on the field is reflective of the vision those folks have had for quite some time.

The Blue Stars, like Southwind, are on the list of corps I'd be thrilled to see my daughter audition for someday. I'm also very fond of the Colts organization. There are other corps equally good at what I'm looking for but these are corps where I've had the pleasure of knowing and working drum corps tours in the past with some of the folks involved.

Recognize that I'm coming from the perspective of perhaps being a drum corps dad who wants to see his child first go into a corps where there is a nurturing atmosphere. One which encourages younger, less experienced members to improve, gain confidence, and love the activity for a lifetime. What my child might do with it after that first (positive) experience would be up to her.

So........please Southwind, hurry back stronger than ever. Lexington is much closer to my house than Dubuque!

This is really disappointing--I just moved to Lexington and was excited that I would have a drum corps in my new city. Good luck to Southwind and let's hope they are back in 2010.

This is really disappointing--I just moved to Lexington and was excited that I would have a drum corps in my new city. Good luck to Southwind and let's hope they are back in 2010.

Well........at least you've still got Kentucky Basketball!!!!!!