Thanks to Rochester Crusaders from the Cincinnati Cru!

Now that the dust has cleared and we have had time to reflect on our first DCA experience, the Cincinnati Cru (as we were called) would like to thank the Rochester Crusaders for "taking in" four drum corps nuts from Cincinnati and giving them an unforgettable experience!! When we learned that our corps did not have enough members to participate in DCA Class A, we were disappointed. One of friends had the idea to see if any corps would accept us. One E-mail and a phone call later, we were in New York checking out Crusaders. What a trip it turned out to be, learning a show in one day, marching it with them that night in Waterloo (learning 80 pages of drill and 4 new pieces of music in a weekend). But they were patient with us, and they made us feel like we belonged. What a great experience, overwhelming at times, but we can't thank them enough. Thanks to Brian Wilt, Mike Linton, Gary Goldstein, Steve Tanner, Carol and Gene O'Brien, and a host of others who made us feel like we belonged there. We cannot express in words how our experience has affected us and what a great organization Crusaders is. Thanks is not enough!! From Jason, Kevin, Robert and Susie (The Cincinnati Cru) :tongue::smile:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real thanks goes out to you guys; you guys were amazing!

It was our pleasure to have you!

---------------------------

Public Relations

Rochester Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps

• 2 weeks later...
Now that the dust has cleared and we have had time to reflect on our first DCA experience, the Cincinnati Cru (as we were called) would like to thank the Rochester Crusaders for "taking in" four drum corps nuts from Cincinnati and giving them an unforgettable experience!! When we learned that our corps did not have enough members to participate in DCA Class A, we were disappointed. One of friends had the idea to see if any corps would accept us. One E-mail and a phone call later, we were in New York checking out Crusaders. What a trip it turned out to be, learning a show in one day, marching it with them that night in Waterloo (learning 80 pages of drill and 4 new pieces of music in a weekend). But they were patient with us, and they made us feel like we belonged. What a great experience, overwhelming at times, but we can't thank them enough. Thanks to Brian Wilt, Mike Linton, Gary Goldstein, Steve Tanner, Carol and Gene O'Brien, and a host of others who made us feel like we belonged there. We cannot express in words how our experience has affected us and what a great organization Crusaders is. Thanks is not enough!! From Jason, Kevin, Robert and Susie (The Cincinnati Cru) :withstupid::worthy:

Jason, Joe is right. You guys were a blessing to have with us and we welcome you to the family. See you at the Banquet & Open House!

Jason, Joe is right. You guys were a blessing to have with us and we welcome you to the family. See you at the Banquet & Open House!

I know this has probably been said before..but..This is what drum corps is about..friends .new and old and just good people!! Nice story..and good for you guys !!! Awesome stuff!! Family for sure. :withstupid:

well if i have anything to do with it, cincinnati will have the members to march this year! i know for sure that i will be there to support the ensemble and be a dedicated member!

J,

I started in drum corps in 1966 and have stayed connected to this sub-cultural style of life because of the uniqueness of situations like this!!!!!!! :thumbup::cool: It Was TOO COOL to watch you guys drive all night and learn everything so quickly to be great assets to the "CRU" 2008 program and family!

I hope you all get it together in Cinncy and look forward to seeing all of you at the Banquet and anytime after that!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::smile:

well if i have anything to do with it, cincinnati will have the members to march this year! i know for sure that i will be there to support the ensemble and be a dedicated member!

That means we'll see you at rehearsal October 12th.

My wife and I also were dedicated to Tradition...for the past four years. We gave our blood, sweat, and tears for the corps, only missing 2 rehearsals in 4 years. We only wish the best for Tradition.