DCI final rankings

as a crossmen, this is insulting

BonesBari08-13, I could not more totally agree. Crossmen were on the margin of top 12 with Madison. I was at quarters, and semis. I believe Madison appropriately placed top 12, but to suggest Crossmen were the 15th place corps is, indeed, insulting. Original poster, explain yourself!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a crossmen, this is insulting

Meh, i think a thicker skin would be nice. I wanted bones in finals myself, but i somehow doubt that the corps is proud of an actual member getting on dcp and complaining that one person said that their corps was 'close to' being in 15th. Not that such things dont happen all the time, but it still sounds like pointless whining from someone who should know better

Meh, i think a thicker skin would be nice. I wanted bones in finals myself, but i somehow doubt that the corps is proud of an actual member getting on dcp and complaining that one person said that their corps was 'close to' being in 15th. Not that such things dont happen all the time, but it still sounds like pointless whining from someone who should know better

Hi there, salad 315.

I won't comment on what the Crossmen expect from BonesBari, as I don't know (and I suspect you don't know) what the Crossmen expect from him/her.

My questions for you, though, are very straightforward:

1. Were you at quarters or semis? If not, what gives you standing to criticize BonesBari, who was there and intimately involved in the proceedings, and the long, hot, and underfed summer that preceded it?

2. If you were at quarters or semis, do you believe Pacific Crest beat Crossmen? If so, on what basis? And if not, why do you label BonesBari thin-skinned, other than out of a desire to call someone who spent an entire summer trying to make finals thin-skinned?

IMHO, Mr. Bones rightly takes umbrage at a a post saying a 15th placement for Crossmen would have been correct -- not despite, but because of, the fact that he marched Crossmen. Crossmen were decidedly better than Pacific Crest (sorry, PC folks, but this is true for anyone with eyes and ears).

And lest there be any doubt, I ain't from Pennsylvania or San Antonio.

Interested in your intelligent and responsive response, salad 315.

Wow! With a system like this, why bother even to judge finals week! Wow!

Dude, get over it. The way it should have been is, by definition, the way it was. Otherwise, pull up roots and go start, I don't know, a Brass Theater?

I just noticed the finals rankings, averaging the scores from all corps over the course of the season. Tells some interesting stories.

Ranking date criteria: 6/21 - 8/09

Rank Corps Avg. Score

6/21 - 8/09

World Class

1 Blue Devils 89.773

2 The Cavaliers 87.416

3 The Cadets 86.733

4 Phantom Regiment 86.466

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 85.695

6 Carolina Crown 85.685

7 Bluecoats 83.758

8 Blue Knights 80.348

9 Boston Crusaders 80.145

10 Glassmen 79.453

11 Blue Stars 78.553

12 Pacific Crest 77.149

13 Colts 76.347

14 Madison Scouts 75.823

15 Crossmen 75.797

16 Spirit 75.679

17 The Academy 74.675

18 Troopers 73.938

19 Mandarins 73.349

20 Pioneer 66.029

I think if you swap out Cadets and Crown, and Blue Stars with Glassmen, and Scouts with Pacific Crest, you actually have the way things should have placed finals week. I didn't even realize DCI did this.

Edited by rayfallon

Hi there, salad 315.

I won't comment on what the Crossmen expect from BonesBari, as I don't know (and I suspect you don't know) what the Crossmen expect from him/her.

My questions for you, though, are very straightforward:

1. Were you at quarters or semis? If not, what gives you standing to criticize BonesBari, who was there and intimately involved in the proceedings, and the long, hot, and underfed summer that preceded it?

2. If you were at quarters or semis, do you believe Pacific Crest beat Crossmen? If so, on what basis? And if not, why do you label BonesBari thin-skinned, other than out of a desire to call someone who spent an entire summer trying to make finals thin-skinned?

IMHO, Mr. Bones rightly takes umbrage at a a post saying a 15th placement for Crossmen would have been correct -- not despite, but because of, the fact that he marched Crossmen. Crossmen were decidedly better than Pacific Crest (sorry, PC folks, but this is true for anyone with eyes and ears).

And lest there be any doubt, I ain't from Pennsylvania or San Antonio.

Interested in your intelligent and responsive response, salad 315.

Well, as nicely worded as your questions are, i really have no beef with them. I never said that crossmen deserved 15th place, and i never really implied it. I wasnt a huge fan of their show, but i wanted them to be in finals, not lower. I just alsways find it odd when someone who actually marched complains when someone thinks their corps was not as good as they thought. I've been in the same situation before, and while i may argue using facts and opinion, i dont act personally slighted. Just how i am.

I just noticed the finals rankings, averaging the scores from all corps over the course of the season. Tells some interesting stories.

Ranking date criteria: 6/21 - 8/09

Rank Corps Avg. Score

6/21 - 8/09

World Class

1 Blue Devils 89.773

2 The Cavaliers 87.416

3 The Cadets 86.733

4 Phantom Regiment 86.466

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 85.695

6 Carolina Crown 85.685

7 Bluecoats 83.758

8 Blue Knights 80.348

9 Boston Crusaders 80.145

10 Glassmen 79.453

11 Blue Stars 78.553

12 Pacific Crest 77.149

13 Colts 76.347

14 Madison Scouts 75.823

15 Crossmen 75.797

16 Spirit 75.679

17 The Academy 74.675

18 Troopers 73.938

19 Mandarins 73.349

20 Pioneer 66.029

I think if you swap out Cadets and Crown, and Blue Stars with Glassmen, and Scouts with Pacific Crest, you actually have the way things should have placed finals week. I didn't even realize DCI did this.

Yawn.

Edited by morganhill

Facts: I didn't see a show, haven't heard one note of music from the season... I heard some interesting rumors and even talked to a few folks who actually saw a real live drum corps at some point during the season. As I didn't have other than the internet that Uncle Sugar provided, I also couldn't stream music or download video/audio... he doesn't like his warriors to be much distracted from the ragin' war we got us over here.

Assumptions:

1. Did many fail to read the part about the rankings being purely entertainment? hmm...

2. I'd assume that some dudes got together in green shirts from time to time over the course of the season and rendered some decisions based on that night... supposedly not being partial to one corps or another?

3. As it usually goes, there were probably a few exalted ones who held some opinions about one corps or another that might have influenced them from time to time, I'm just guessing...

4. I'd assume that there was a show, a really big 'un that, over the course of three nights, decided who'd be on top at the end... not taking into account the first show of the season that was... uh, a little while earlier in the summer.

Well, I'll be darn-diggity.... there was a season, a progression of shows that somehow finally gave a champion and some not champions, but still close.

While I haven't checked lately... and how lucky is that, I think I still bleed baby blue and would have liked it more if Spirit had placed higher. But, taken in context, the average for a seasons competitions wasn't the defining moment for their season or anybody elses... and I'm sure that those folks who are Crossmen fans wouldn't take kindly to someone suggesting that their season was perhaps not as successful as they thought it should be.... It is amazing, with all the things in the world to worry about, that somebody flips out over an entertainment exercise on the part of DCI.

I appreciate the debate. Honestly, I'm a better person for having been there and marched a couple of times... but, the importance of an average score for the whole season.... Should you require topics about which to worry, please email and I'll do my best to send you a couple... a few, at least.

I appreciate the debate. Honestly, I'm a better person for having been there and marched a couple of times... but, the importance of an average score for the whole season.... Should you require topics about which to worry, please email and I'll do my best to send you a couple... a few, at least.

Its dcp, and its september. While i would never question what you are actually doing right now, i cant agree with the sentiment. Perhaps we are all wasting our time by worry about anything less than saving the universe every day. Its an internet forum... and people talk about things. This is one of the more random ones, yes, but that doesnt mean people cant get into it (even if i dont personally care) :tongue: