DCI final rankings

Its dcp, and its september. While i would never question what you are actually doing right now, i cant agree with the sentiment. Perhaps we are all wasting our time by worry about anything less than saving the universe every day. Its an internet forum... and people talk about things. This is one of the more random ones, yes, but that doesnt mean people cant get into it (even if i dont personally care) :tongue:

...No, not wasting time... just time spent on something that doesn't really matter.. but probably not saving the universe either... just a happy in between there somwhere...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed the finals rankings, averaging the scores from all corps over the course of the season. Tells some interesting stories.

Ranking date criteria: 6/21 - 8/09

Rank Corps Avg. Score

6/21 - 8/09

World Class

1 Blue Devils 89.773 1. Phantom

2 The Cavaliers 87.416 2. Blue Devils

3 The Cadets 86.733 3. the Cavaliers

4 Phantom Regiment 86.466 4.Carolina Crown

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 85.695 5.the Cadets

6 Carolina Crown 85.685 6.Bluecoats

7 Bluecoats 83.758 7.Santa Clara Vanguard

8 Blue Knights 80.348 8.Blue Stars

9 Boston Crusaders 80.145 9.Blue Knights

10 Glassmen 79.453 10.Boston Crusaders

11 Blue Stars 78.553 11.Glassmen

12 Pacific Crest 77.149 12.Madison Scouts

13 Colts 76.347 13.Crossmen

14 Madison Scouts 75.823 14. Colts

15 Crossmen 75.797 15.Spirit

16 Spirit 75.679 16.Troopers

17 The Academy 74.675 17.Pacific Crest

18 Troopers 73.938 18.Academy

19 Mandarins 73.349 19.Mandarins

20 Pioneer 66.029 20.Pioneer

I think if you swap out Cadets and Crown, and Blue Stars with Glassmen, and Scouts with Pacific Crest, you actually have the way things should have placed finals week. I didn't even realize DCI did this.

I guess all this depends on what your definition of "close" is.

Only 2 corps finished in the same position

Average corps movement for ALL corps was 1.55 places

1 corps moved 5 spots

2 corps moved 3 spots

6 corps moved 2 spots

8 corps moved 1 spot

so...more than half the corps moved at least 2 spots...

Now, if the point you were going for was...well, BD was up top, and they finished 2nd...that was close...Sure it was. But, ANY one that visits this site with regularity and pays attention to past scores could have came as close or closer than avg. score list could have.

the crossmen are probably the best fed corps in dci

I like food. And crosses. And men.

Wait, not that lost one. But definitely the first two. I mean, I don't have anything against men, I just don't liiiiiiiiiike men, if you get what I'm saying. Anyway, the important part is that we agree that food is good. Are we in agreement about that? Good. Good talk, man. We should do this more often. Cheerio.

Edited by TSRTS13

• 3 weeks later...

My ultimate source of entertainment-

watching people argue about things they don't know anything about.

Seriously, even the people who marched didn't know what was going on (especially score-wise!) during the season and at the end.

I truly believe that scores are the only thing that you as a solitary member have no control over- and they should never define your summer. Arguing about scores doesn't change them.

I like food. And crosses. And men.

Wait, not that lost one. But definitely the first two. I mean, I don't have anything against men, I just don't liiiiiiiiiike men, if you get what I'm saying. Anyway, the important part is that we agree that food is good. Are we in agreement about that? Good. Good talk, man. We should do this more often. Cheerio.

Hahahahaha, whatever, i know i like food.. and crosses, and you may like men... cause i think what you said first, might have been a little slippy slip on your part. And i like Cheerios, honey nut to be precise.

the crossmen are probably the best fed corps in dci

That would make a good T-Shirt ... :tongue: