Floating Stick Trick

Nile

The stick toss ( with only 2 ) was in the 1983 version as well, but the 3rd stick was added to 1984 and lasted twice as long, hoping that people would notice it. Too bad it didn't make the video.

I think Tony made up 3 stick toss, he was always great at that kind of stuff.

We started out with 3 white sticks but about half way through the season a judge suggested that we make it interesting with a different color and we picked yellow.

We had concerns that any drop of the white stick would doom one of us to play the rest of the show with one yellow and one white, but at Finals when David dropped, it was the yellow stick that flew.

Y'know....I happen to have the 84 DVD running as I type this...I will now move from my OWN show to YOURS and try to spot the stick on the ground!! :tongue:

Edit: It WAS where I thought it was...it DID make the video, but only in a high cam shot that made it impossible to see the trick....then the camera goes to the hand bell rack in the pit...the next shot includes the drum judge picking the stick up.

Edited by 84BDsop

I think Tony made up 3 stick toss, he was always great at that kind of stuff.

It seems like "back in the day" most of those tricks/visuals/etc were made up by the marching members rather than the staff. I wonder if that's still the case?

It seems like "back in the day" most of those tricks/visuals/etc were made up by the marching members rather than the staff. I wonder if that's still the case?

was the case for us. although staff had trumping ability if they didn't find it... "fan friendly.." (coke vis... not-so-subtle sexual innuendos.. ) or if it made an attack go out the window (attack from sticks above head). but most were fine. if anything we were most disagreeable when other sections tried to hijack a quad vis, or whether or not to make it a full line visual.

Edited by 08Hawkeye