Attention All Age Outs

Hello all,

Well its getting to that time of year again and guess what? your over-age but still want to march but you know you dont have the time to put into a competing Drum Corp.....or the cash for that matter.....well I have an offer for you !!!!

2009 Marks the 5th ammiversary of the return of the Bridgemen to the world of Drum Corps, and i want to personally invite all age outs to our open house on SATURDAY OCTOBER 11TH 2008 WHERE? ST ANDREWS SCHOOL LOCATED @ 4TH STREET AND BROADWAY IN GOOD OLE BAYONNE, NEW JERSEY........ TIME : 12 NOON

This years show is going to be the best that the Bridgemen put on the field thus far. The staff is world class and the people are some of the nicest in Drum Corps..... and no pressure of competition !!!!! I know its fun and all but this is a whole new world :) and when was the last time you had a standing O after almost every song finished that you played?

Lets not forget the uniform....some of our members thought they would never have the opportunity to wear one after the corp broke up back in the day......now they enjoy the full Bridgemen experience !!!!!!

So in closing, i just want to invite you all to Bayonne and check us out.... it just might be what your looking for !!!!

HYPE

Rick Tabor

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Well its getting to that time of year again and guess what? your over-age but still want to march but you know you dont have the time to put into a competing Drum Corp.....or the cash for that matter.....well I have an offer for you !!!!

2009 Marks the 5th ammiversary of the return of the Bridgemen to the world of Drum Corps, and i want to personally invite all age outs to our open house on SATURDAY OCTOBER 11TH 2008 WHERE? ST ANDREWS SCHOOL LOCATED @ 4TH STREET AND BROADWAY IN GOOD OLE BAYONNE, NEW JERSEY........ TIME : 12 NOON

This years show is going to be the best that the Bridgemen put on the field thus far. The staff is world class and the people are some of the nicest in Drum Corps..... and no pressure of competition !!!!! I know its fun and all but this is a whole new world :) and when was the last time you had a standing O after almost every song finished that you played?

Lets not forget the uniform....some of our members thought they would never have the opportunity to wear one after the corp broke up back in the day......now they enjoy the full Bridgemen experience !!!!!!

So in closing, i just want to invite you all to Bayonne and check us out.... it just might be what your looking for !!!!

HYPE

Rick Tabor

come on down to Bayonne Tomorrow Oct 11th !!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm you gonna march with your snares on a harness or the slings? And you must play some Earth Wind and Fire!

LOL good question but we bagged the slings years ago.....we're on the snare harness now.....and we played "In the Stone" for the past few seasons already....this season promises to be the best we put on the field since our return !!!!!!

If you live in the area and can come down, do so, I think you would have a blast.....

Rick

This is a good thread. I'm from the Northeast, and when I marched juniors we would meet kids from other corps outside the region who were ageing out, and you would have thought that their dog just died. It didn't have that kind of emotional impact on us because we were very familiar with DCA, and always knew that we had a place to go if we wanted to. I feel sorry for kids who don't.

GO B-MEN!!!

:blink:

Well gang the first rehearsal is in the record books for the up coming season.....

Man was it great getting back into the swing of things.

There were many new faces in Bayonne Sat at the open house....some joined and some are thinking really hard about it...between you and me i think they will be back in November for rehearsal.....

One thing is certain, the hornline is going to get a workout this season, the Bridgemen are putting "Spanish Dreams" back on the field !!!!!! yep you read it right.... the corp is super hyped for the challenge.

Again the invite is still out there for any horn player, drummer, and color guard age outs that still want to perform !!!!

check the web site out "Bridgemen.com" and check out the pics or maybe contact the director George Lavelle with some questions you may have. See you all in Bayonne in November.....

Rick

Edited by Hydrodrill

Well gang the first rehearsal is in the record books for the up coming season.....

Man was it great getting back into the swing of things.

There were many new faces in Bayonne Sat at the open house....some joined and some are thinking really hard about it...between you and me i think they will be back in November for rehearsal.....

One thing is certain, the hornline is going to get a workout this season, the Bridgemen are putting "Spanish Dreams" back on the field !!!!!! yep you read it right.... the corp is super hyped for the challenge.

Again the invite is still out there for any horn player, drummer, and color guard age outs that still want to perform !!!!

check the web site out "Bridgemen.com" and check out the pics or maybe contact the director George Lavelle with some questions you may have. See you all in Bayonne in November.....

Rick

Rick aint lyin...

It's going to be another fun year in Bayonne!

At the very least, come and check it out!

Sit in with us for one rehearsal, and let us know what you think!

There's no pressure to join, so come on down next month...November 8th and/or 9th.

...JJ

Deep Down I think that any one of us who marched in any drum corps anywhere in late 70's or the first half of the 1980's secretly wished that they could have been a member of the Bridgemen.....if only for a day.

I see some heads shaking but you know it's true!!!!!

Now with the Bridgemen Alumni corps I still might someday have that chance.

Woooo Hooooo.