2008 Season Uniform Changes

No offense, but focus your energy on changing the perennial Top 8 corps instead of ragging on the others. I'd love some contrast/leg stripes too, but why do the Top 8 escape your wrath? The upper echelon of corps should be able to survive a change, while you could make an argument that the others could use the help. (And that include my own corps, so no honking here.)

Sorry, wasn't my intent to make anyone mad. I didn't mention the top 8 because they came after my eye relief:

"When the Blue Stars took the field after 2-1/2 to 3 hrs of watching the show it was like the black hole went away and the sun came out and filled the stadium. They were sooooo much easier to look at. It actually felt better physically."

It may not have come across that way, but I wasn't slamming the other corps but was rather trying to convey a phenomenon that was interesting to me and almost as much of a surprise as a relief at the time. Nobody else has agreed with me, so maybe I'm just weird.

I thought I liked my favorite three corps last year because of their horn lines, but upon further review, maybe it's because I have a subconscious affinity for light-colored uniforms. :thumbup:

Edited by corps-mudgeon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but focus your energy on changing the perennial Top 8 corps instead of ragging on the others. I'd love some contrast/leg stripes too, but why do the Top 8 escape your wrath? The upper echelon of corps should be able to survive a change, while you could make an argument that the others could use the help. (And that include my own corps, so no honking here.)

Because the rest of the top 8 came on AFTER the blue stars....not before :thumbup:

I dont really get whats so hard about it....besides, people need to criticize the 'lower placing' corps more. If their criticizing, it means they're talking - if they're talking it means they care. The top 7 or 8 corps (+ madison) get 90% of the traffic on this site, and its not because everyone loves them all the time.... :tongue: