2008 Season Uniform Changes

Colts had a small uniform change this year that you can't really notice unless you look at them closely. The triangles on their shakos were replaced with a more 3-D type of pyramid-looking thing. I thought it looked pretty cool, and liked how different it was from the other triangle emblems of other corps. It's basically impossible to see from far away though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be included as one who liked Madison's 2007 uniform.

That being said,......any years uniform would be an improvement over 2008.

:tongue:

hahahahaha, glad you can play along...

but i thought 07 was a lot better than 08 also. I loved 05 though, 06 wasn't bad either.

Glad to see some love for Madison's '05 unis. Definitely my favorite design since the '90s. I really wish they would bring back those unis and just modernize them a bit...whatever that means. I agree with what people are saying about SCV's. Seemed an unnecessary change that did not quite have the class of the previous few years. I likes the Crossmen's quite a bit, but it could have used some red in there to really sell it.

Edited by ictrumpet

I know it's been said in another thread but, The change from the helmet was needed because the Blue Stars know that to keep moving up through the rankings the drill is going to have to get even more demanding. The helmets, no matter what they tried, would not stay in place with the demanding drill.

Edited by Perry S

Some of you liked the color of Madison's jacket? The green that at times was indistinguishable with the green turf? The one that sometimes seemed to make the corps disappear? To me, that color was the worst choice of the year.

I liked the look generally. But the color ...

HH

Some of you liked the color of Madison's jacket? The green that at times was indistinguishable with the green turf? The one that sometimes seemed to make the corps disappear? To me, that color was the worst choice of the year.

I liked the look generally. But the color ...

HH

I actually really liked the color... I sorta get what you guys are saying about blending into the turf, but I think between the collars, the hats, and the cuffs that there was more than enough contrast.

In terms of finding a color that would balance with the black, red, and white without being loud or gharish, I don't think they could've made a better choice.

All and all, I thought Madison had the best uniform redesign of the year. I liked the streamlining of BK's and the addition of the dots, too.

I like the idea behind SCV's, trying to make them more dynamic, but I think the finished product came out a little awkward. I'm torn on the Blue Stars. I like the white pants, and in a vacuum, the shakos are an improvement over the imbalanced helmets.... but they don't really carry any cues to their history anymore. I probably won't mind in a couple years, but for now, I'm not sure.

Didn't care for Blue Devils' addition of white... I respect the level of retro-ness that it brought to the fold, but it took away the sleek style that I've always appreciated in their '94-'97 uniforms.

As for a subtle change, I LOVE the addition of gold trim to Glassmen's jackets. I think it really sets them off.

06 was my favorite recent Scouts uniform. Lots of white. This years was an improvement over 07 but the oblique cut of the jackets was disorienting and they seem to have been designed only to look right when the arms are down. The moment the horns went up they looked like they didnt fit properly. I would say keep that design but lengthen the jacket and even out the sides. Which essentially gets us back to the green Eisenhower jackets of 85-87 I suppose.

I was disappointed to see Blue Stars go to shakos. I can understand the idea that its a whole new Blue Stars and maybe this called for a bold new look, but to me the helmets defined them. I read alot of comments about upkeep and cost but I think those were secondary. Phantom hasnt had any problem with their helmets. Blue Stars now look like every other corps/band now.

I know it's been said in another thread but, The change from the helmet was needed because the Blue Stars know that to keep moving up through the rankings the drill is going to have to get even more demanding. The helmets, no matter what they tried, would not stay in place with the demanding drill.

Yeah. Helmets and demanding drill. They don't mix. *cough* Bluecoats *weez* Phantom Regiment *cough*

Yeah, good thing they ditched those helmets.