2008 Season Uniform Changes

Theres a reason why no one uses white pants anymore. Carolina Crown looks like Carolina Brown at the end of the season. amirite?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Helmets and demanding drill. They don't mix. *cough* Bluecoats *weez* Phantom Regiment *cough*

Yeah, good thing they ditched those helmets.

They were totally different kinds of helmets *cough* than what Phantom and Bluecoats have *weez*, and neither of them had to deal with the upright plumes *cough*.

Theres a reason why no one uses white pants anymore. Carolina Crown looks like Carolina Brown at the end of the season. amirite?

270916539_5a9c0691ef.jpg

They were totally different kinds of helmets *cough* than what Phantom and Bluecoats have *weez*, and neither of them had to deal with the upright plumes *cough*.

As someone who wore them many moons ago and had to try to fit them more recently I can tell you this is right. The design and fit was unusual and unfortunate.

i don't believe that their uniforms are white.

I just have to throw my hat into the ring in favor of Scouts' uniforms from this past year. I think they were extremely classy and very different. For a forum that often sees many complaints about "cookie-cutter" uniforms in DCI today, there are a lot of people who seem to dislike anything that comes out and is too different or unique. SCV's changes weren't my favorite, but don't really bother me. I still don't like the Spirit uniforms, just because...I don't really know...I don't like them. Overall, Madison gets my vote for favorite uniform overall for last year. I love the tie and jacket look.

Some of you liked the color of Madison's jacket? The green that at times was indistinguishable with the green turf? The one that sometimes seemed to make the corps disappear? To me, that color was the worst choice of the year.

I liked the look generally. But the color ...

HH

NAIL. HEAD.

Very bad color choice. The whole color scheme for that show was poor IMO.

Heh, now that I think about it, you're right. That dark green color on those very formal looking tunics, combined with the black of the color guard, made the show feel more like a funeral than it did a hot latin night.

I did, too. But how would it hide dirt in the feet? It only went halfway down the leg on one side...

Since it only went down halfway it hid variations in technique. It wouldn't hide foot timing but if someone marched with a bit of bend in their knee it wouldn't be quite as obvious.