Cadets Announce A Season Of Celebration

A very special year sits not far out on the horizon for the Cadets! In 2009, friends, supporters and thousands of alumni who have worn the legendary Maroon and Gold uniform will cherish the past and embrace the future. Holy Name, the Garfield Cadets, the Cadets of Bergen County and...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very special year sits not far out on the horizon for the Cadets! In 2009, friends, supporters and thousands of alumni who have worn the legendary Maroon and Gold uniform will cherish the past and embrace the future. Holy Name, the Garfield Cadets, the Cadets of Bergen County and...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

Are they still pushing the stupid meme that 2009 is the 50th anniversary of West Side Story?

Are they still pushing the stupid meme that 2009 is the 50th anniversary of West Side Story?

The stupid what?

Its just an announcement bro... no need to start more negativity.

t

The stupid what?

Its just an announcement bro... no need to start more negativity.

t

A meme (pronounced /miːm/)[1] consists of any idea or behavior that can pass from one person to another by learning or imitation. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, gestures, practices, fashions, habits, songs, and dances. Memes propagate themselves and can move through the cultural sociosphere in a manner similar to the contagious behavior of a virus.

A meme (pronounced /miːm/)[1] consists of any idea or behavior that can pass from one person to another by learning or imitation. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, gestures, practices, fashions, habits, songs, and dances. Memes propagate themselves and can move through the cultural sociosphere in a manner similar to the contagious behavior of a virus.

Sounds like they've got some great plans for the season and, I look forward to the show (especially if they leave the mics on the equipment truck this time around.)

Sounds like they've got some great plans for the season and, I look forward to the show (especially if they leave the mics on the equipment truck this time around.)

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. It would be refreshing to see the cadets without any amplified voice again. I really hope they leave the electronic instruments out as well.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. It would be refreshing to see the cadets without any amplified voice again. I really hope they leave the electronic instruments out as well.

I hope they use whatever tools they think will provide them with the best possible show. Electronics especially would be nice in a Bernstein show. Singers singing some of the great WSS tunes would be one way to make it fresh for drum corps...maybe a nice duet performing "Maria".

Dream on.....

I hope they use whatever tools they think will provide them with the best possible show. Electronics especially would be nice in a Bernstein show. Singers singing some of the great WSS tunes would be one way to make it fresh for drum corps...maybe a nice duet performing "Maria".

:tongue: