Brigadiers Announce 2009 Program

I've gotten to hear some clips from this program, it's going to be GREAT and one not to miss out on!! The brass book is going to be really tight!!! I hope anyone curious checks out our open house December 6th & 7th ... For more information and to fill out a membership interest form go to http://brigadiers.com/index_2009information.htm or send me a message and I'd be glad to fill you on on any of the exciting things about the Brigadiers Drum and Bugle Corps!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past few years the right steps have been taken to advance the corps into a new direction.

Peter Blake's arrangements of Young Persons Guide, Snow Caps, Pictures at an Exhibition and With Each Sunset are absolutely wonderful and help to solidify the Brigadiers in their new settings.

I jumped out of my set when I heard the end of the ballad!!!!

The open house is December 6 & 7, 2009 at Canastota High School. Come by to learn about the program and this years direction.

Over the past few years the right steps have been taken to advance the corps into a new direction.

Peter Blake's arrangements of Young Persons Guide, Snow Caps, Pictures at an Exhibition and With Each Sunset are absolutely wonderful and help to solidify the Brigadiers in their new settings.

I jumped out of my set when I heard the end of the ballad!!!!

The open house is December 6 & 7, 2009 at Canastota High School. Come by to learn about the program and this years direction.

All the music is done for the season...a World Record of Earliness, if I may make up word...and I often do! :rolleyes: The Brigadiers are known for our ballads. It's the first thing I want to hear. Will we carry on the tradition of tunes like, "First Time Ever....?" Let's say it this way, if we play it half as well as it's written, it will be the best ballad we've ever done. After being in this activity for so long, all I want to do is move people with what we do. For example, I was looping the ballad in our home office with my wife in the room. She looked up from her desk and said, "I don't want to hear that anymore because it reminds me of my father." She had lost him the year before. I hadn't even told her it was our ballad she was listening to. My wife is such a good barometer about our ballads like that.

The things that I've always wished someone would write for us in a ballad is in it. I've often thought that we should put out a CD of Brigadier ballads through the years. We did "Adagio" in the parking lot after finals in Scranton one year -- I think it was 2005 -- and someone just happened to be there to hear it and voted it their favorite Drum Corps ballad performance of all time on this forum. We never used it on the field obviously...it was something we played just for ourselves.

So. If they choose to rehearse the new ballad at the first camp weekend, that would be fine with me. Just sayin'.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Hello Scott!

Adagio was in 2004 and was one of our best brass moments. I know Scott Stansfield has a recording of this.

A Brigadiers Ballads CD is a great idea! I'd buy it... :rolleyes:

All the music is done for the season...a World Record of Earliness, if I may make up word...and I often do! :laughing: The Brigadiers are known for our ballads. It's the first thing I want to hear. Will we carry on the tradition of tunes like, "First Time Ever....?" Let's say it this way, if we play it half as well as it's written, it will be the best ballad we've ever done. After being in this activity for so long, all I want to do is move people with what we do. For example, I was looping the ballad in our home office with my wife in the room. She looked up from her desk and said, "I don't want to hear that anymore because it reminds me of my father." She had lost him the year before. I hadn't even told her it was our ballad she was listening to. My wife is such a good barometer about our ballads like that.

The things that I've always wished someone would write for us in a ballad is in it. I've often thought that we should put out a CD of Brigadier ballads through the years. We did "Adagio" in the parking lot after finals in Scranton one year -- I think it was 2005 -- and someone just happened to be there to hear it and voted it their favorite Drum Corps ballad performance of all time on this forum. We never used it on the field obviously...it was something we played just for ourselves.

So. If they choose to rehearse the new ballad at the first camp weekend, that would be fine with me. Just sayin'.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Hello Scott!

Adagio was in 2004 and was one of our best brass moments. I know Scott Stansfield has a recording of this.

A Brigadiers Ballads CD is a great idea! I'd buy it... :laughing:

Thanks Christine!!

Yah, I'd buy it too. Maybe we should invite everyone back and do a massive recording session of all the ballads...then, we put the DCA and private recordings (like Adagio) on the CD with the new stuff. Of course, all the clearances would be sought. It's at the fantasy stage right now...but it would be a blast. :rolleyes: You'd play on it, wouldn't you?

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-