The Plymouth Show

standor

Any Interest in the Plymouth Show?

I'm going! :tongue:

Performing with the Boston Crusaders Sr. Corps....

And if you like the mellophone solo in Ole it's me, if not, it's Max :ph34r:

Any Interest in the Plymouth Show?

Assuming the snow that we're getting right now here on the South Shore of Lake Erie doesn't get too bad, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning at around 7:00 - so I can make Plymouth in time for dinner.

I just got a call from one of the guys who checked the weather - calling for a wind chill factor on Saturday morning of about 15 degrees. I'm concerned that by the time I finish dressing on Saturday morning I'll look like the Michelin Man with kickpleats.

Oh well, it all averages out in the end. Fifteen degrees in Plymouth; a hundred and fifteen degrees in Kingston. So it all averages out to sixty-five degrees - not bad at all.

Assuming the snow that we're getting right now here on the South Shore of Lake Erie doesn't get too bad, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning at around 7:00 - so I can make Plymouth in time for dinner.

I just got a call from one of the guys who checked the weather - calling for a wind chill factor on Saturday morning of about 15 degrees. I'm concerned that by the time I finish dressing on Saturday morning I'll look like the Michelin Man with kickpleats.

Oh well, it all averages out in the end. Fifteen degrees in Plymouth; a hundred and fifteen degrees in Kingston. So it all averages out to sixty-five degrees - not bad at all.

Hey Andy:

When I was with Cabs Alumni, the worst year in Plymouth was when we marched in the parade during a Nor'easter. We marched with baseball hats and ponchos. I was in the drum line and as we came down the hill to the waterfront, you could see the color guard flags change direction and the entire color guard stuggling to hold on to their flags. It was no fun having rain driving right into your face. It was a bone chilling rain on top of it. Boy that was tough. To make matters worse, I forgot my alumni cap and had to wear the ultimate of insults for a Giants fan, a Dallas Cowboy hat loaned to me! Then there were years with temps in the mid 60s. I also remember when the bus driver left a quarter of the corps at John Carver and some of us walked to the start of the parade. The driver thought he could make multiple runs but the streets were shut down.

Good luck Saturday and I will be thinking of you while neatly tucked in my bed. :tongue:

Steve

Edited by cabalumsw

I'm going! :tongue:

Performing with the Boston Crusaders Sr. Corps....

And if you like the mellophone solo in Ole it's me, if not, it's Max :ph34r:

I'll be playing with 2 corps in Plymouth

Light Brigade is ending their long illustrious run. This will be our last show.

We're pulling out all the stops and it should be a great show.

We're going out with a bang and should not to be missed.

If you enjoy the baritone solo in the Chicago medley, it was me, if not , it was Terri Connelly!

The Defenders are playing in our very first Plymouth show. We're very excited to be in the company of some of the great drum corps of our time.

Our show is strong and we should be very entertaining.

We put the show together in 13 full rehearsal in 13 months (plus some optional sectionals).

We're looking to grow and are accepting new members in January at our open house.

For more information contact Dale - the director, at:

dale@defendersalumni.org

or me (Steve) - the music director, at:

steve@defendersalumni.org

Web Site: http://www.defendersalumni.org/

Thanks,

Hope to see you at the Plymouth show,

Steve (aka "The Saint")

I'll be playing with 2 corps in Plymouth

Light Brigade is ending their long illustrious run. This will be our last show.

We're pulling out all the stops and it should be a great show.

We're going out with a bang and should not to be missed.

If you enjoy the baritone solo in the Chicago medley, it was me, if not , it was Terri Connelly!

The Defenders are playing in our very first Plymouth show. We're very excited to be in the company of some of the great drum corps of our time.

Our show is strong and we should be very entertaining.

We put the show together in 13 full rehearsal in 13 months (plus some optional sectionals).

We're looking to grow and are accepting new members in January at our open house.

For more information contact Dale - the director, at:

dale@defendersalumni.org

or me (Steve) - the music director, at:

steve@defendersalumni.org

Web Site: http://www.defendersalumni.org/

Thanks,

Hope to see you at the Plymouth show,

Steve (aka "The Saint")

From one Steve to another Steve:

Best of luck this weekend. Sad to see Light Brigade end it. :tongue:

Steve

Hey Andy:

When I was with Cabs Alumni, the worst year in Plymouth was when we marched in the parade during a Nor'easter. We marched with baseball hats and ponchos. I was in the drum line and as we came down the hill to the waterfront, you could see the color guard flags change direction and the entire color guard stuggling to hold on to their flags. It was no fun having rain driving right into your face. It was a bone chilling rain on top of it. Boy that was tough. To make matters worse, I forgot my alumni cap and had to wear the ultimate of insults for a Giants fan, a Dallas Cowboy hat loaned to me! Then there were years with temps in the mid 60s. I also remember when the bus driver left a quarter of the corps at John Carver and some of us walked to the start of the parade. The driver thought he could make multiple runs but the streets were shut down.

Good luck Saturday and I will be thinking of you while neatly tucked in my bed. :tongue:

Steve

Steve,

If the weather gets as bad as you described it, I'm going to use one of the perogatives of my advanced age.

I'm going to stay in bed, and when somebody comes to wake me, I'm going to say, "Where am I? Why am I here? And what are those funny pants hanging in my closet?" Senile dementia is not a bad thing if used appropriately.

And suddenly, after the parade is over, my mind will start to clear and I'll be fine by dinnertime.

Andy

Steve,

If the weather gets as bad as you described it, I'm going to use one of the perogatives of my advanced age.

I'm going to stay in bed, and when somebody comes to wake me, I'm going to say, "Where am I? Why am I here? And what are those funny pants hanging in my closet?" Senile dementia is not a bad thing if used appropriately.

And suddenly, after the parade is over, my mind will start to clear and I'll be fine by dinnertime.

Andy

That's a good one! Or you can say the bus left you at John Carver!

By my last years in the alumni, my back and hip would not allow me to march in parades. I think the first time my back acted up and I had to leave the ranks in the Elks parade, I was so bummed out. Never did I have to leave a parade and I think not being able to be able to participate 100% just made me decide to retire from drum corps. I think it was a Jim Costello ethic thing.

I hope everything works out this weekend for you and you have fun! Safe trip.

Steve

Was hoping to at least catch the parade this year, but with my little guys (2 & 5) still so young, I think this year is just going to be too darn cold. Hopefully next year we'll opt back into one of those magical 50 degree Saturdays!

Best of luck to all participating members and fans. Plymouth in November is always a really great time!

Cheers!

Karen

I know the parade is going to be Cooold!

We have a few hours to defrost, then on to the show!

It's going to be a good one!