Excalibur Sabres

Will

ummm.. didn't sabreline go out of business a couple years ago? i had one of those too and the blade snapped right in half dropping a quad on the grass.. of course it was right at the time that they went bankrupt, so i couldn't get a replacement.

• 4 weeks later...

I used an excalibur indoor for 3 years, and it was fine. My friend managed to snap her blade in half during the first season we used them, but we figured it was just a bad sabre. Then when I brought mine outside, I snapped it in half when I dropped a quad. After that, I started hearing a lot more stories about breaking excaliburs. So, I bought myself a king. For me, the $200 wasn't too bad, but I know that for a guard of 15 or 20 (or if your guard is big, up to 30), that can be quite a lot of money for the organization. However, you can keep replacing $80 sabres (is that still what they are now? I haven't even looked at the prices in years) or you can buy $200 sabres and never have to replace them. It's one of those "big initial investment that will save you money in the long run" kind of things. Good luck with the sabres and the season!

• 1 month later...

I teach for Phoenix HS in NY. We bought 8 of these sabers and we've had every single one break. Not only in the hilt but also the blade its self breaking into 3-4 pieces (very Dangerous!!) We sent them back and got new ones but also had a few of them break again as well. They are HORRIBLE!!!!

I teach for Phoenix HS in NY. We bought 8 of these sabers and we've had every single one break. Not only in the hilt but also the blade its self breaking into 3-4 pieces (very Dangerous!!) We sent them back and got new ones but also had a few of them break again as well. They are HORRIBLE!!!!

We also bought Excalibur sabers, 7 of them. Four broke the first week we had them (both hilts and blades).

We have used Excaliburs in the past but I never saw anything like the breaking of these. We sent them back and paid the extra for Kings.

Larry Schmidt

Edited by LarSchmidt