Good Luck Capital Regiment

That's interesting. I talked to Dave Kampschroer (they guy who does the evaluations) and he has heard nothing of it....

Hang on, you dropped something there. Let me pick that up for you… :smile:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no "petition" process any longer. It is a DCI evaluation. DCI randomly evaluates some corps and their books, membership, etc., each year. Also, DCI evaluates emerging and re-emerging corps. Capital Regiment would be in that final category...re-emerging. At the end of the evaluation, DCI makes their reccommendation. For instance, DCI made reccommendations to both Academy and Jurf for World Class status a year before each of these corps actually decided to go into World Class.

I was at the camp and Rick said this to all of us including the parents. I would highly doubt he would lie to us. He told us that DCI re-evaluates all the corps, but when a corps is returning or wants to be re-evaluated, they are pushed to the top of the pile and are dealt with first.

It would be hard to believe CR would be trying to coming back without contacting DCI to get back into DCI. Whats the point in that? Someone tell me please.

Edited by Michael Relko

Just to clarify a few things.

Capital Regiment has talked to DCI and is currently going through the evaluation process. We have sent in the information requested from DCI and have already had one visit in Columbus from a member of the evaluation committee.

The camp went very well. We need more horns and guard. I have had many emails and phone calls since camp, I suspect we will more than double both horn and guard numbers at the December camp. Keep on the look out for a bus ride from Virginia Beach!! :smile:

WE have a great staff of educators and a great group of young adults who are going to help us put Capital Regiment back on the field!!

Keep the Faith :smile:

Respectfully Yours

Carl

Just to clarify a few things.

Capital Regiment has talked to DCI and is currently going through the evaluation process. We have sent in the information requested from DCI and have already had one visit in Columbus from a member of the evaluation committee.

The camp went very well. We need more horns and guard. I have had many emails and phone calls since camp, I suspect we will more than double both horn and guard numbers at the December camp. Keep on the look out for a bus ride from Virginia Beach!! :smile:

WE have a great staff of educators and a great group of young adults who are going to help us put Capital Regiment back on the field!!

Keep the Faith :smile:

Respectfully Yours

Carl

There you have it folks. He has spoken.

SO THERE IT IS CAPITAL REGIMENT IS MAKING A COMEBACK......

I THINK ITS HIGH TIME THAT THE FANS SPORT EVERY CORPS TRYING TO MAKE A COME BACK.....

STOP THE B.S. SIDELINE CRAP AND HELP THESE CORPS BECAUSE AT THIS RATE BY 2016 THERE WILL BE ONLY 15 CORPS LEFT.....

DON'T YOU MISS THE DAYS OF 30+ CORPS TOURING ALL SUMMER..... IE..... 1990 NOT TO MENTION OVER A BILLION CLASS A AND A-60 CORPS......

SAVE THE DRUM CORPS..... EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!

SO THERE IT IS CAPITAL REGIMENT IS MAKING A COMEBACK......

I THINK ITS HIGH TIME THAT THE FANS SPORT EVERY CORPS TRYING TO MAKE A COME BACK.....

STOP THE B.S. SIDELINE CRAP AND HELP THESE CORPS BECAUSE AT THIS RATE BY 2016 THERE WILL BE ONLY 15 CORPS LEFT.....

DON'T YOU MISS THE DAYS OF 30+ CORPS TOURING ALL SUMMER..... IE..... 1990 NOT TO MENTION OVER A BILLION CLASS A AND A-60 CORPS......

SAVE THE DRUM CORPS..... EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!

Whoa there.

Everyone wants to see more drum corps. Everyone wants to see Capital Regiment be successful. The comments and concerns that have been posted about Capital are legitimate. I don't know anyone that has a beef with CR. Instead, they have a beef with their director (Rick Bays) for how he managed the corps and treated the staff and volunteers in 2006.

Everyone wants to see them come back, but even more people want to see them provide a healthy and stable environment for its members. I hope they can do so this summer.

Yeah, we get that. But we have other threads already where those concerns are under discussion. Why reiterate them in every single thread about the corps?

I recall a time when the Cadets were particularly beleagured with criticism concerning their show design choices, and the moderators directed all such criticism to one thread so that a thread for positive Cadets content could exist. Mods, can we do the same for Capital Regiment, please?

Yeah, we get that. But we have other threads already where those concerns are under discussion. Why reiterate them in every single thread about the corps?

I recall a time when the Cadets were particularly beleagured with criticism concerning their show design choices, and the moderators directed all such criticism to one thread so that a thread for positive Cadets content could exist. Mods, can we do the same for Capital Regiment, please?

If threads keep coming back to the same thing that should say something.

Thank you!

I just did a quick search. This is the only thread in at least the top three pages that mentions the administrative concerns. There are numerous recent threads that on here about Capital Regiment and only one of them (this one) has referenced their problems in 2006.

Edited by roosevelt