Fate and not making the grade...

I actually auditioned for two corps initially in 2006. The first corps I REALLY wanted to be a part of, they had just come off a record setting placement the year before, and in 2006 they even furthered that. Well, I went to December camp and got the big ol' boot. I was devestated. I even thought for two months I wasn't even gonna march. Then March came along and I auditioned for a corps that was still good, but not top 12. I ended up not making that corps as well. WEll, I was made an alternate. I blame that on poor audition and not preparing myself, I almost audition soley for the fact I had a drum corps relationship, and didn't want it to fail. Anyways, I left that camp kinda happy ... it made me feel relieved I'd have a summer home.

And then May came. I realized what I had done. I was sickeningly upset I gave up on marching. Luckily, due in part to DCP, I found a thread dealing with this said corps asking for audition tapes to fill holes in their baritone line. I JUMPED at the chance, talked to my parents and they gave the ok, and I sent my tape. I got the spot.

So I technically didn't "audition" for this corps, but I did get in and they did score better than one of the corps I had previously auditioned for.

Buddy of mine auditioned for a Top 12 corps and got cut. Fast forward a few months and he was filling a hole for a corps that placed second....needless to say, he was pretty happy.

I know a kid that auditioned for BD after the 2005 season (they had placed fourth), got cut, then went and auditioned for Cadets (they had just won) and made it. Spent the rest of his drum corps career with the Cadets.

1984 Regiment, contra, alternate :tongue:

then off to 1984 VK and the start of the best four years of my life, in CA!!! :tongue:

saw big Bob Nunez and Brian Dufour on first tour and yes, they only had 9 contras at that time in the Regiment. OOPS!!!! :rolleyes: