Music Editing Programs

guardbehr1

Hello all!

I am interested in purchasing a music editing program so I can do my own indoor music. Can anyone tell me your opinions on what are the best programs? I am especially interested in finding out how to take spoken word/voice-overs from movies on dvd as well.

Would greatly appreciate it!

Rob

Hello all!

I am interested in purchasing a music editing program so I can do my own indoor music. Can anyone tell me your opinions on what are the best programs? I am especially interested in finding out how to take spoken word/voice-overs from movies on dvd as well.

Would greatly appreciate it!

Rob

The problem: you can't take just words/voice-overs out of a DVD soundtrack. If there is music or background noise, that is also part of the soundtrack.

You would have to have the raw tapes where the voice was recorded alone (if it was).

Are you interested in CREATING your own music, or in being able to splice/edit already existing music, or both?

I'm not sure of what WGI's music copyright rules are.

But there are many many many websites online that have soundclips/audio quotes from movies.

And for the editing program...

i have friends that use a program called Wavepad Sound Editor

from what i've heard it's easy to use.. and it's FREE.

Hope this helps!

But there are many many many websites online that have soundclips/audio quotes from movies.

Hope this helps!

Good point. Might want to talk to April Gilligan about this (Braddock had this problem-- couldn't use the voice on the WGI video, but could use a midi version of the music-- they were allowed to perform to it, though). She might have some insight to offer.

Hope this helps!

I personally use Wavepad and am super happy with it. The only thing is it is not free, you do get a free version for a number of time but you have to buy the program to be able to use it all, the free version will let you do some editing but does not have all the functions the bought version does. The great thing about the Wave pad system is all the plug-ins you have the option to get and kinda customize the system for what you need. They do a plug-in called streaming vid and audio that I use to get qoutes and audio clips off of american rhetoric. com and it works really well.

Good luck! :thumbup:

You can download Audacity for free online. I think it's pretty easy to use and I've been happy with it, especially for free. I think you may be able to buy a more detailed version. I'm pretty sure that's what my brother uses whose job deals a lot with multi-media. I've never used movie lines, but recorded my own voices this year and then edited that in using Audacity. Good luck!

You can download Audacity for free online. I think it's pretty easy to use and I've been happy with it, especially for free. I think you may be able to buy a more detailed version. I'm pretty sure that's what my brother uses whose job deals a lot with multi-media. I've never used movie lines, but recorded my own voices this year and then edited that in using Audacity. Good luck!

that's what I use. I like Audacity. It's great for turning MP3s into ring tones too! :smile: